Oh Vegas.

Wow this weekend was a whirlwind trip! It was a blast though and I’m really glad I was spontaneous for once in my life and made the trip out. We got there after about a 7 hour drive on Friday night and got ready to go out. We arrived at the Monte Carlo and as soon as we drove down the strip we saw ALL the construction going on in the town. Everywhere we looked stuff was being built and the walkways were very limited. I realized then, and at the late arrival, that I would for sure be hitting the gym up in the morning for my workout. We finally got settled and got ready to go out. Our destination was Pure at Ceasers Palace. It was super easy to get into once we walked into the casino and then we hung out with some guys at a cabana on the roof and it was pretty fun! I wore some new shoes (worst decision ever) and my feet were killing me! We stayed out until 4:30 am and I realized I would NOT be getting up in the morning to run on the strip at 6 am.

5408_569657075690_19911959_33556637_4681299_n

Don’t worry the dance moves were out and about! :) It was a super fun club to be at and the bottle service wasn’t too bad, it gave us all a spot to sit down! I wore my most ‘Vegas dress’ on Friday night and my shoes were killing me. Giant fail for the rest of the weekend.

5408_569657085670_19911959_33556638_5791192_n

Six of the nine girls in our group for the weekend. It was pretty hot out at night, but the cabanas at Pure were super nice and I’m glad that we got to use one.

5408_569657100640_19911959_33556640_1107783_n

We were on our way out when we decided to dance a little bit more. We were dancing downstairs when this guy came up to us and asked if he could take a picture with us with our camera? Strangest thing ever. We said sure, and this was the outcome. Notice my roommate grabbing my arm in fear? Ha ha.

The next morning I got up at 9:30 am and went down to the gym. I had to pay 19 bucks to use the gym. Since that’s almost a 5k or 10k race fee so I ran 6.2 miles to get it in, but that was all I could handle on the old treadmill. I then decided to take a spin class. BAD IDEA. I got my butt kicked and was incredibly sore and got super sick. Not bueno. Finally after being in the gym for what seemed like forever, I headed back upstairs and everyone else was still sleeping. I fell back asleep and woke up about 2 hours later. Yup, we didn’t leave the room until 2 pm. We grabbed breakfast, lunch and dinner all at once at a little cafe in our hotel. It was great.

5408_569657135570_19911959_33556644_3231174_n

We are throwing up the ‘Fullerton f’ because we were the failures of the night before.

5408_569657200440_19911959_33556653_6260661_n

This is typical. That phone has been glued to my hand for over two years now, and I will never part with it.

n142500306_30359451_2919767

During the remainder of the day, we walked around the strip. One girl wanted a crepe, so we went to Paris to get one, two wanted Fat Tuesday margaritas so walked around and just saw all that the strip had to offer. There were many freaks out that’s for sure. We stayed far away.

5408_569657310220_19911959_33556669_286629_n

The roommate and I getting ready to go out for the 2nd night. We decided to hit up XS at the Encore and also were deciding either on Tao or Prive.

n142500306_30359453_4491137

This was in Prive, in Planet Hollywood. It was an interesting scene that’s for sure. We got there about 11 pm and stayed until 1 am.

Then, we went to bed and got up early, checked out and started the drive home. It only took us about 5 hours to get home so that was good. My feet are STILL killing me. I need to work on wearing heels more!

As for my running, I am either going to go for a bike ride tonight with the roommate or I will be running 4-6 miles. I know right now that it’s come down to allowing my toes to heal properly so I can get in my long runs on the weekends. They are finally looking a little bit better, but every time I do run it sets me back. It was great to run the 6 miles, but my feet were killing me from the night before. Oh the price of beauty. Vegas was crazy, but I’m glad I went and I don’t think there will be another trip in my future for a while. It’s just a lot for me. I don’t know how some people can do it all the time! It’s far to crazy for me :)

33 Responses to Oh Vegas.

1. Kelly says:

Fun! I love spontaneous trips.

2. Morgan says:

Very jealous of your spontanteous weekend! Looks like you had a blast! Bummer on the tootsies! Hope they get better soon! And girl what were you thinking wearing new shoes out on the town!! Tsk, tsk!!

3. Looks like good times! You look hott! :-)

4. Fun pics! I love Vegas.

5. Marlene says:

Sounds like SO much fun! Definitely something I hope to see for myself one day, although one night and I’d probably need a week to recover!

Great outfits.

6. jodi says:

Glad you went and had lots of fun! Sorry to hear your poor feet are still healing :(
    It’s easy for me to read your posts on my BB, yay!

7. Alex says:

Sounds like a blast!

8. Nobel4Lit says:

Yeah, too bad things that are so cute hurt so bad…

9. Diana-D10 says:

Looks like you ladies had a blast! Cute outfits.

10. Alisa says:

Fun times! I’m impressed you did any working out at all–go you!

Club Pure was super fun, we went there one night of a bachelorette party I went to. We saw a few celebs and got hooked up with a VIP spot for FREE, it was great.

I’m not spontaneous really either. Go you!

11. x-country2 says:

What a fun trip! (You look so pretty and tan too. :o)

12. Billy Burger says:

Good times Danica. I do love me some Vegas (and ‘white girls & gang signs’) ;)

Ha.

13. Lyndsey says:

You look AWESOME!! Glad the Vegas trip was fun!! Sorry the new shoes killed your feet! That sucks!! But hey you looked fabulous and that’s what matters! :)

14. Oh, how I miss impromptu Vegas trips, although that drive home on Sunday is always a bitch. Sigh.

You look adorable, gang signs and all. You’re also probably the only person I know who works out while in Vegas; impressive!

15. ShutupandRun says:

I LOVE Vegas. Sounds like you had a great time. I am always either too tipsy, too hungover or too tired to work out so I’m impressed you made it to the gym.

16. lol Heels pretty well often kill when you wear them the first time. Trust me – it’s not ’cause you’re a novice! :P

Cute pics girl! Sounds like you had a crazy but fun weekend in vegas. I’m with you, i don’t see how people handle doing trips all the time!

Great job with the running especially after going out- thats awesome! I’m sorry to hear about your snake skin. Dude, you should take a pic! I’m totally not grossed out. I wanna see what this looks like! I hope it starts getting better for you!

Happy Monday hun! xoxo

18. Felice says:

Looks like you had a great time! Nice pics.

Have a great week!

19. aron says:

i cannot believe you got up and went to the gym to run and spin… you are nuts!! looks like it was a blast and love the pics :)

20. Amanda says:

You are a superstar for staying out til 4:30, then getting up and running 6.2 miles AND taking a spin class while everyone else sleeps. Love your Vegas dress!:)

21. Denise says:

Sounds like you had a great time! Sorry about the feet, but I give you credit for wearing heels. I’d be in flip flops!

22. Maggie says:

OMG it looks like you had so much fun! That’s a bummer that your feet hurt so badly but your dress was so banging it doesn’t even matter! You look fab! Glad you’re home safe and sound… next time let’s do Vegas together!

23. kristen says:

YOur so fun and crazy! I love living vicariously through you. I’ve been there with the shoes. No more of that for me though. Beauty is NOT pain for this girl anymore. Great pics.

24. Love it! You’re just like me with your phone lol. I’m glued to mine! Love the pics too. xoxo

25. kymberli q. says:

I cannot believe you worked out. You are my hero.

26. oz runner says:

yikes! $19 to use the gym? i think i would have just ran outside among the construction (but i’m a cheapskate like that)….sounds like a fun trip..

27. Brooke says:

You know Maryam?! Talk about a small world! :) She dated one of my best friends, Shahrooz.

28. Nice trip recap! It sounded like a good break. Wondering how your toes are holding up though?

29. Mrs. Hibit says:

Looks like you had a great time!
    And the morning run on the strip? You didn’t miss much by going to the gym. It’s actually a little scary – lots of strung out crazies stumbling along the strip. One of them tried to run with me when I was there in March. Eeek!

30. Sam says:

$19 for the gym … wow. That’s $6 less than my annual fee at 24HR.

31. Stuart says:

Vegas is just one big building site right now, dust crap and freaks everywhere! Present company excluded ;-)

32. RunNes says:

Hey

Just read your comment i was in Vegas last weekend too…so we were there at the same time. I slept at 3 am the 2 nights i was there but i was one of those people at 7 am running… i always wanted to run the strip. it was amazing…i would have loved to run with you, wish i knew you were there…take care