Oh that weekend.

You know those weekends where everything is really fun, and things go well? Well that was this weekend for me. Thankfully! I did some bike riding (beach cruising, don’t worry, I’m not turning to the dark side just yet!) some running and had some fun times with some of my best friends. You see, to me, sometimes life it all about just enjoying the little things. I don’t know why I feel so perky and sunshiney today, since it is Monday and my fun weekend is over, but sometimes when you take a look around in your life, it’s amazing how many great people you can find. Taking those people for granted is just not a way to live life.

img_3603

img_3592

So my 20 miler, yea was a 16 miler, and turned into I’m buying new shoes on the way home. I wasn’t planning on getting new shoes since I  got new ones about 100 miles ago, BUT I couldn’t take it anymore, and it was so painful. The 16 miles went great, and I did feel really strong and I wasn’t tired and didn’t have any bathroom issues at all which was a huge plus, but I knew I just couldn’t keep going, especially if I was going to get new shoes and could run more in comfortable shoes the next day, which is exactly what I did. The shoes I got are the same kind I had before but two sizes bigger. They seem to fit much better and I really think once my toes heal, they will be perfect for running. I really like the vomeros cushion and stability for my feet. What I don’t like is the fact that the colors I got to chose from was purple and yellow. UGH. Oh well, I’ll get new ones soon enough, so it’s not that big of deal.

Once my toes heal, I really think that the new shoes will work out perfectly, which I’m excited about. My poor toes. On the 16 miler, they were hurting every step, and I kept thinking, of all things to be hurt, my feet, which are pounding on the ground every step of the way. Never realized how important the toes are! After the run they were beat up like usual and allowing them the rest of the weekend to heal was smart, and hopefully there will be no more talk of toe problems here.

I hope everyone had a great weekend as well and remember, I will post the winner of the iFitness belt on Wednesday morning and I also have another very interesting post coming up. Seriously, it’s interesting to me at least :)

32 Responses to Oh that weekend.

1. Kirbey says:

I like to hear you have obstacles on your long runs bc I was supposed to run 7 miles this weekend (which is long for me!) and it poured halfway into my run and my left leg felt like it was ready to fall off.. I’m not complaining or anything! But really- I guess some runs are just harder than others:)

2. You and your poor toes! Oh, the relationship drama you share with the most distal portion of your lowest extremities is all so fascinating to me!

So what kind of shoes did you end up anyways?

3. Jamie says:

Great job on the 16 miler! New shoes will totally help! I think I am about due for some also! Maybe I will hit 5 miles after that LOL

4. Danielle C says:

I like the vomeros a lot, mine are turquoise and grey. I’d love a pair of purple and yellow ones LOL.

5. Niki says:

Glad you got new shoes!! Your poor little toes:( I always find that I have to get 1-2 sizes bigger to keep my toes from hurting!

6. Alisa says:

Poor toes! Hopefully they heal up soon.

Looks like a fun weekend.

7. Marlene says:

I hope those toes heal up soon. Sounds AWFUL. :(

8. oz runner says:

hey purple shoes, sweet…glad you had a nice weekend..

9. Sounds like a perfect weekend! I love your beach cruiser and wish I had a sweet bike like that…

SOunds like your weekend was AMAZING! :) I want a bike like that- for real! Its uber cute! Oh & the shoes– twinnie! love them too! hehe

Great job on your 16 miler i hope your tootsies heal up soon! xo

11. Tara says:

glad you had a great weekend! nice job on getting those miles in and not losing a toe! lol hope the new shoes work out for you!

12. J says:

Hope your toes feel better! So weird about those shoes!

I totally agree about enjoying the little things! They make life worthwhile!

13. Julia says:

Two sizes bigger? Wow, your toesies must be so happy to have more room now! :) Hope they feel better soon!

14. KatieA. says:

Ah, new shoes and a fabulous weekend! Does it get any better when you’re a runner?!? LOL! I got some new Nike’s on Friday and hobbled my way through my long run, too. (Not because of the shoes, but because of my dang, stuborn hip). Enjoy your Monday! :)

15. I remember in college when all my toes were bruised, bleeding, and losing their nails. That was freakin’ miserable. Hope your toes get better soon!

16. Katie says:

Sorry to hear about your toes!! What kind of shoes did you get?
    You are completely right about cherishing those good friendships. I am 26 years old and just now realizing how precious they are and how they shouldn’t be taken for granted!

17. Marcia says:

Sorry to hear about the toe issues. But I love your positive attitude! BTW Vomero’s are so not my friend.:0

18. Look at how cute you look!

19. Denise says:

You look like a stud cruising on your bike! Great job with the 16 miler, too. I hope the new shoes fix the toe problem. Ouch.

20. Cristina says:

When it comes to logging your miles, how do you keep track? I found a site called the dailymile.com where I can log all my workouts and distances.

21. Oh, the toes. The damage our toes take. Good to see you are being kind to yours!

22. rioruns says:

Hope your toes get better soon! I’m often having issues with the 2nd toe on each foot. I’ve changed my shoe size, shoe model/brand, etc. Hope you’ve found the solution!

23. kymberli q. says:

I want a pink bike!

24. Joy says:

Glad you had that awesome weekend :)

Hope your poor toes heal up quick.

25. Rachael says:

2 sizes!
    I broke down and bought new ones last night online, I don’t even think I needed new ones. But they were in this dark purple color with gold … I had to have.

You know, those Volermo 4′s are also availiable in pink. Look online if you dare.

My husband ALWAYS makes fun of me for my too big running shoes, but I swear by them! (As do my toes.) You will be so much happier – promise. Your next 20 miler will be a piece of cake :)

27. I hope your new shoes work out for you friend!

28. kristen says:

I hope the new shoes cure those little piggies. That’s no good!! 16 is better than 0 for sure.

29. Felice says:

Hope your toes feel better soon!

30. aron says:

love those great weekends :)

hope the new bigger shoes help those little toes!!

31. Cory says:

I happy to see you use my language “the dark side.” I would recommend Road Runner Sports for shoes. Got new shoes there this weekend. The tests they run are cool and the people are pretty smart. Went from a size 9.5 to 10.5.

32. Adam says:

Wow, I’m honestly surprised that you made it 16 miles. Normally, when something like that gets into my head, no amount of talking can get me through. Nice work!