Looking for…

It’s time I start looking for a motivational morning running partner. Now, I have pretty strict requirements for this. If you know of anyone who falls in these categories, please feel free to have them email me asap, I need this person to kick my butt back into gear during my lazy morning runs. Not on my long runs, I have the wonderful Ann for my girl talk long runs.

You see I have this problem, it’s called I like to sleep. A lot. Waking up is not my strong point. I can get up no problem for work, but if it’s cold, dark or not work time, I am more apt to pull the covers over my head and press snooze. On the rare occasion that I do get up, I do love running in the mornings. I just need to remember that when the 5:00 am hour rolls around. So onto this search.

This person is preferably male. He is willing to come to my house, make me some warm tea and then yell at me to get out of bed. His yell must be forceful and he must tell me all the good things about working out early. He will NEVER turn on the light in the mornings though, because that is one of my biggest pet peeves. He will also never rip my covers off because I hate that too. He will then make me oatmeal as I get ready to go for a run. Don’t worry, I’m fine with instant oatmeal.

On our run, he will push me with encouraging words and tell me how great I look. He will tell me what a good job I’m doing and how I am going to do so much better at my next race. When I want to quit, he will keep me going by telling me that it’s not worth it to quit and that I only have a few more miles left and that I can do it! He will keep track of all my splits and progress during our training as well. He will carry my fuel belt and make sure that I’m properly hydrated. If I ever get stuck in a bathroom dilemma, he will wait for me outside and not make fun of me.  And when I want to be done, he will yell at me to keep going. I do well with yelling, if you couldn’t tell.

Then we have the non running workout after that will give me abs of steal and a Marissa Miller body. He will show me how to do the workouts and tell me never to give up. He will be encouraging and firm and let me know when I’m doing things wrong and will do the countdown on each exercise. Oh wait, you call that a personal trainer?  Innnnnnteresting. Well my last requirement is that he looks like this…

ryanreynolds

GoodNESS Ryan Reynolds… get me in shape, I’ll even run stairs with you!

46 Responses to Looking for…

1. SoloRunner says:

HOT DAMN!!! I want him ;)To train me of course lol

2. michelle says:

Ah, I was going to volunteer, but unfortunately I look nothing like Ryan Reynolds.

Sorry chica!

3. Lol, you crack me up! He is so hot!

4. Es says:

That scene in The Proposal where he didn’t have any clothes on; I could watch that scene over and over.

Let’s just say Scarlett is one lucky girl!

5. Ness says:

I love the way you write :) so funny… great imagination:))

6. Jaime says:

When you find this guy, will you see if he has an east coast brother? I could use some motivation myself in the form of a Ryan Reynolds lookalike.

7. Morgan says:

*Drool*

I will be very jealous if you get an applicant.

I am pretty thankful in that my Long Run partner, the Lazy Runner is just about all those things… except I can’t get him to plan anything for the life of me and he def doesn’t look like Ryan…

*Drool*

8. ShutupandRun says:

I would do absolutely anything he told me to do. Anything.

9. Sam says:

I don’t look like that. My hair is much shorter.

10. Tara says:

Excuse me one moment while I wipe the drool off my iPhone! Ha ha also the only thing I will ever have in common with Marissa Miller is the last name….damn those abs…Ryans and Marissa’s!

11. Jen says:

Keep us posted on how that works out with Ryan!

12. Sasha says:

Yes…. ever since Van Wilder… I’m all about Ryan Reynolds!

13. Astro says:

if you are ever in central Illinois I’ll run with and coach you for the weekend. I might even let in on a Shaolin workout as well.

14. Candice says:

Yummy! Thanks for the eye candy!! Oh, and the entertaining post =)

15. Dang, those are some tough requirements…good luck! And if you do find such a hottie, can you find out if she has a sister around the same age that can come to the east coast and get me out of bed in the morning as well…

16. ilovesteaks says:

Looks like you ain’t running in the morning with those requirements! har har! Just be like me and slog through the miles after work while being honked at by random rich Irvine kids driving in their mommy’s bmw. :)

17. Jen says:

Yes please! When you find him, will you let me know? Could we share him? We could switch off days…yes? ;)

PS – I too hate it when people throw on the lights and take off the covers. It’s just plain rude!

18. jamie says:

Soooo when you find this guy… clone him for me! I need one too! Thanks!

19. Stuart says:

Who’s Ryan Reynolds?

20. JennyMac says:

I can NOT believe how ripped he is now. Good for him. And hopefully he will call you for a some stair training. :)

21. Denise says:

YUM!!! I need me one of those, too!

22. Alisa says:

Haha! Well, I’m not male and I don’t have abs of steel but I could be your virtual morning running partner.

23. Mr. Hot Reynolds. I love it.

24. How can you think about working out or for that matter think about anything else then those smoking hot abs when looking at him, after we saw the proposal I told me husband not to be offended but when he comes knowcking on my door I will have to divorce my husband

25. J says:

I dont know if I meet all your requirements but If I lived in Cali I would run with you in the mornings! I am sure there is someone out there that will get your butt into gear girl!

26. GOOD LORD who knew that was hiding under Ryan Renold’s shirt!! I had no idea!

27. Billy Burger says:

Please stop objectifying men. We have brains. And feelings.

28. Megan says:

Oh Ryan Reynolds.. I salivate.

I would get out of the bed for that, and I DESPISE getting out of the bed.

29. Markemmanuel says:

@ Billy Buger: Thank you for speaking up for us men! :P

I could use a running buddy that looked that good too… ahhhhhhhh :) :) :) :)

Ryan is <3

31. Joy says:

Oh dear heavens!

I think Ryan Reynolds can get me out of bed at 3am to train.

Thanks for the eye candy :)

32. cac muffin says:

Oh man ryan reynold could get me up to run any day of the week!!!

33. kristin says:

I would wake up for him! Oh ryan…hehe. Goodluck!

34. Could I borrow him when you’re done? Thanks!

35. Shannon says:

Wow – I would totally go to the gym to stare at him! Heck, I’ll even skip the tea and oatmeal! LOL

36. Love it. If you find someone let me know so we can clone him and mail him to me in STL. Mr. Everlasting is great but he does that whole flipping the light on whereas I would prefer waking up with a light massage! Hahah.

37. Tara says:

I just wanted to let you know this is the 1st thing I looked at this morning…makes Monday start off so much better! ha ha

38. Melanie says:

Hahaha, I love this post. I’d give just about anything to work out with Ryan Reynolds myself. Too bad he married that Scarlett chick… haha

PS – Don’t eat oatmeal before a run. It always exacerbates my running tummy issues because of all the fiber, so I don’t recommend it to others with tummy issues. :)

39. Felice says:

Ha!! Love it! Yeah, that would be nice. I’d run stairs for him too!

40. Tara says:

oh my word.. break me off a piece of that hahahah ;)

41. Marlene says:

A girl can dream!

42. Zuleika says:

Wow… you weren’t kidding. I will finish an Ironman in no time if I train with him.

Zu “ZuleAzul”

43. aron says:

why dont you just move up to the bay area already and you will have a number of running partners… pretty please?!?!

44. I’m sorry but Ryan Reynolds is too busy to help.

Too busy falling in love with ME!

45. Zoë says:

Ohmygosh…Ryan Reynolds as a workout buddy would be a dream! Perhaps scientists should just clone him and there would be RR personal trainers for everyone! *sigh*

46. Amanda says:

I love me some Ryan Reynolds..if he and ScarJo ever break up I’m calling him:)