Zensah winner and 4th of July Recap!

Hooray for Zensah and the contest that contained the $75 dollar prize pack and the winner is….

Road Bunner

Congrats!!! I hope you enjoy your Zensah stuff as much as I have and you can share the Zensah love.

So onto this weekend,  which was CRAZY! 4th of July, Baby Koo’s 21st. (btw, I call him baby koo because I’m called “The Koo” has to do with my last name and my friends in high school) So I’ll give you the picture tour of my weekend. Enjoy!

cup

Mr. R got me a wonderful 4th of July present, the plastic iced Starbucks cup! I have read about them online and wanted one but had yet to see one in the store. We walked to Starbucks for breakfast and they had a huge display of them! Mr. R bought himself and me one and I haven’t stopped drinking out of it yet. It’s pretty much AMAZING and I love it! Here I am drinking out of it, the straw doesn’t fall out either which is pretty cool. Totally would recommend one.

5455_508138325986_142500306_30332080_2928565_n

My roommate is totally amazing and made this sweet cake for our Fourth of July Red, White and Booze party. It was a funfetti cake and it came out sooo cute! It was delicious too.

shots

We made 50 jello shots and they were gone before 2 pm on the fourth. They were pretty good!

h20vodka

My roommate also had the sweet idea of making a ‘watermelon vodka’. If you want to make one, google watermelon vodka and there are video tutorials that you can watch. It was pretty easy to make, but you have to make sure you do it 1-2 days before the party. We did ours a little too late for our party and only half of it was ready for consumption. We made my little brother eat it. He even said it was strong.

5455_508138355926_142500306_30332085_2701245_n

Here’s me and the roomie doing a little day drinking. We watched 40 year old virgin and old school throughout the day and random people came over all throughout the day. Let’s just say, we don’t smoke the j here, but someone did do it in our bathroom, and then totally denied it . Only in Long Beach, let me tell you…

Thought fireworks are illegal in Long Beach, they were being shot off all around us. Talk about unsafe.

5455_508138415806_142500306_30332095_1401325_n

So then we went out for my brother’s birthday at midnight. Lets just say that it was some intense drinking on my part and I won’t be drinking for a while again. Yucky! He had fun though and we went to two bars.

For some reason, my brother loves to make this face in all pictures. Also remind me to never wear my hair in a side ponytail again.

5455_508138580476_142500306_30332127_4961264_n

Too many drinks for us both.

So our party was a success and my brother had a wonderful 21st. I did unfortunately procrastinate my long run all weekend though and finally got it in at about 4 pm today. I thought I wouldn’t get to hot and could do 13 miles but I was COOKED at 10 so I decided that my health was more important than the extra 3 miles and called it a day. I felt really good though, besides sweating like an animal, so that was really good. Tomorrow night I’m hitting up the gym too, which I’m excited about. I feel that my arms are feeling the burn but it’s a good burn. I also did 200 sit ups and 100 push ups after my run tonight as well. It feels good to be getting back on the fit train!

Now Wheel of Fortune is on, and I must continue to yell my incorrect answers at the TV and I’m anticipating the wonderful train wreck called the Bachelorette… bad decisions will for sure be made again by the ‘not high maintenance and absent minded’ Jillian.

Tomorrow I have a great book giveaway if anyone is interested, remember to check back!

34 Responses to Zensah winner and 4th of July Recap!

1. Looks like you guys had a great weekend! I can’t believe somebody smoked out in your bathroom! That crap used to happen all the time when I was in college- I just chalked it up to southern rednecks!

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I love all the pics & your side pony! It looks good on you girl! :)

I love watching wheel of fortune and pretend like I know what the answer is LOL! :)

Way to go with the run tonight too– even though you cut it short, you still rocked it :)

3. How fun!!!! Yay for your run today – glad you got it in. Looks like your 4th was fab!

4. Niki says:

Looks like a wonderful weekend!! Great job on the run too! It’s always smart to listen to your body:)

5. J says:

That cake looks delish! And the watermelon and vodka trick is yummy! Plus the cake looks awesome. Must have been a great weekend!!

6. Marlene says:

Looks like a great party and weekend!

I’m amazed that you made it through 10 miles in the afternoon heat. Great job getting out there!

Also – congrats to RoadBunner! Zensah rocks!

7. B.o.B. says:

aw you guys look so cute! glad you had a good time. love me some jello shots.

8. Wendy says:

Glad you had a great 4th. I ran my first 10K (the peachtree in Atl) and I ran the entire race. It was very exciting. Wendy

9. Joy says:

What’s wrong with the side ponytail? You look great in all the pics!

Sounds like fun times all around this weekend :D

10. Morgan says:

What a great weekend!!! Too fun! That cake looks yummy… I want some!

11. diana says:

Congrats to the winner. Looks like you had a blast this weekend.

12. RunToFinish says:

aww that lucky Road Burner!!

love the flag cake, it seems very fitting with crazy guns

13. Alisa says:

Fun times! I love all your pictures. You’re so photogenic I love it.

Happy belated birthday Baby Koo!

14. RoadBunner says:

Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

Happy Belated to Baby Koo!

15. Amy says:

Looks like a great time! Sometimes the great time is more important than the long run…

16. Natalie says:

I saw those insulated cups at Starbucks this morning and I definitely want one!

Looks like an awesome weekend!

17. Stacy says:

Glad that your brother had a FABULOUS 21st birthday! Funny how you drank more heavily than him! ha ha. Backfired!!!

18. Red, White, & Booze… hilarious. What did we learn about drinking like a college kid, hmmm? It causes bad choices like the side pony. Hahah, just kidding– I thought you rocked it!

19. Billy Burger says:

Ah…to be young and still be able to abuse your liver.

Good times kid…good times.

20. kristen says:

I can’t belive someone smoked in your bathroom then denied it. Come on — at least own it douche bag.

Looks like you had a blast this weekend. I’ve had the vodka watermelon and it’s so good. I can’t belive you made your brother drink it and he still had it in him to go out to the bars….obviously not his first time at the rodeo ;)

21. Stuart says:

That cake just looks the bomb!

22. N.D. says:

Looks like a fun fourth! Love the cup and sunglasses too!! : )

23. Ted says:

I love the picture of the watermelon with a bottle of vodka in it. Whatever happens to my college days!!!

24. kymberli q. says:

OK….so I saw some of these pictures of Facebook and couldn’t wait to hear the story behind some of them. What an awesome weekend!! Happy Birthday to little Koo! That soooo cracks me up! And who the heck smoked in your bathroom?! That is also hilarious!!

P.S. The Starbucks cup picture is adorable!!

25. Lyndsey says:

you look like you had a blast :)

26. aron says:

loooove the pics :) looks like a fun party and great 21st for baby koo!

great job on your HOT 10 too… ekk heat is awful!

27. Tara says:

love all the pics! and i love your sunnies!

28. Ah, jello shots. How I heart them so. And that vodka watermelon also just took me back about 10 years.

Those sunglasses are too, too chic, by the way.

29. Looks like you guys had a great 4th~ I still can’t get your feed to pop up in my list for some reason. Says invalid URL. Weird huh!

30. WATERMELON VODKA! WOW!

Looks like a blast and why no more side-pony? I like it! Cute!

31. Kayla J. says:

I think the side ponytail is cute!

32. Tara says:

water and vodka two of my favorite things!!!! haha sounds like you had a fabulous weekend..love 21st b-days :)

33. POM says:

Looks like fun. I made 55 jello shots, but my old farty friends didn’t eat them. I had about 7. They were STRONG. I thik there’s still some in Swasome’s fridge. ha ha.

34. Miss E says:

So I’m a loser and just realized I didn’t have your new feed properly in my Reader. Just remedied that situation….(sorry!)

Oh it looks like you all had fun! After I saw the pic of the watermelon on Twitter, I tried (unsuccessfully) to convince my family to make our watermelon like that. Guess my dad wasn’t too hip on the idea. HA!

I love the pics of you and your bro from when you were young. So precious. Looks like you two have a great relationship. Brothers are the best! Happy (belated) bday to him!