Someboddddys Watching Meeeeee

Last night I got in a great run. It was super hot, but I was prepared for the heat and made sure I ran by some drinking fountains so I wouldn’t fry out on the pavement like a lizard in Arizona. I only ran for 5 miles, but I felt good. I have come to realize that in the heat, you must run slower, or you will not make it. It’s so much harder for me to catch my breath so I decide how to tackle the run while I’m out on the road already, I’m not running to prepare myself for the Olympics, so not killing myself is the key. This whole running thing is suppose to be FUN. If slowing down makes it more fun, then so be it, I slow down. If I feel speedy, and it’s more fun for me to do a faster paced workout, I speed up, and lay off drinking the alcohol I drank before running that makes me hallucinate and think speed workouts are fun. Just kidding, kind of.

Tonight I have a little jog planned with Mr. R. We are going to try out the trails by his new home! Well with trails I mean neighborhoods that lead to a park like area. Don’t worry I’m not going all trail runner on you guys. I will stick mostly to my pavement. I am interested to see what this 8 miler I  have planned for the weekend will hold. You see, running + the rodeo isn’t the greatest idea since I don’t know the area. I’m going to try to do a mapmyrun before I leave so I can kind of, sort of know where I’m going. The town is very interesting and I don’t know if I’ll be able to get in a nice good long run, but we’ll see. I know that CCR ( Creedence Clearwater Revival, for those who don’t know the “lingo”) is playing on Friday night as well, and we must be in attendance for that, so who knows when we’ll get home, so it might be pushed until Sunday. Don’t worry, I got some sweet pictures and more about the rodeo for Foto Friday. I’ll even let you in on my personal favorite event. MUTTON BUSTING.

On a random and funny note, here is an insight as to what I do in my spare time, when I’m not running, ravaging the fridge, or working. So we have all see the Geico commercials where the googley eyes come out of no where and the music starts. Don’t lie, you bob your head to it too. “I allllways feeeel likeee, Someeebodyssss watching mmmmmeeeeee.” Well my roommate and I  have a little obsession with this commercial. We like to watch TV and my roommate has this incredible, amazing knack of catching really strange things on TV and rewinding and watching them over and over. I’ve never seen such a thing like it and it’s quite a talent. She introduced  me KIBK, gets way funnier the more your watch it and now we quote it all the time. She has also pointed out very strange things in shows like Wipeout, The Fashion Show, and even caught ED smelling his pits on the Bachelorette this past week. Yup, he did a scent check. Totally obvious. I’ll try to get a video of it next time I am home with the DVR to show you guys. It will blow your mind.

So back to the commercial.  We like the song and we sing it rather often. Speaking of singing, we sing a lot in our place. Most of our words are not spoken to each other but instead sung. Not sung like in a wonderful harmonious tone, as I am tone deaf which prohibits me from making sweet music with my vocal cords, but mostly in an obnoxious opera type style. I sing EVERYTHING. Sometimes, I find myself doing this at work, which is inappropriate and embarrassing, so I stop myself, but at home, I am free to be an idiot.

Anyways, the other day we received a Geico advertisement in the mail, which included a little pop up of googley eyes in the middle of the flyer. I cut out the googley eyes and the ‘money’ they sit on and put them inside my roommates computer. I couldn’t stop laughing when she finally opened the computer. Thus, the googley eyes contest has begun. We began placing the googley eyes in different places for each other to find. Her computer was first, then this happened…

hilarious

Cheese Drawer. Yup, the next night I hid it for her on her stuffed monkey on her bed and then found it on my computer last night. I re-hid it for her this morning and it’s in a great spot. I know it’s dumb, but it’s this kind of stuff that cracks me up. Big Time.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, and remember, running is FUN, if you make it fun yourself, and that sommmeboddys watcccching youuuuuu. I’m going to answer all the Q&A’s tomorrow, so if you had a question for me, about anything, feel free to leave it on this post!

33 Responses to Someboddddys Watching Meeeeee

1. Kelly says:

I seem to turn everything into a song too! My boyfriend makes fun of me for knowing all the TV and Radio jingles.

2. Morgan says:

HILARIOUS! My friend Discom-BOB-ulated Running and I were just discussing this weekend how musical we are and how much we sing things. I frigging die when I see/hear those commercials. Can’t wait to see the rodeo pics (I love me some PBR myself) and to hear about the “trail” run.

3. Mrs. Realife says:

BWHAHAHA!! I love it!

I’m a strange bird and love their commercials, too!

4. You are ridiculous and I LOVE IT!

5. jlc says:

Hahahahhaha~! I can totally hear you singing that in the background too! You’re nutty woman and i LOVE it!!

6. Silliness. You know I approve.

I also want to see that “Bachelorette” Ed clip. Not that I’m watching the show anymore, after I publicly swore that I wouldn’t. Nope, not me, lalalala . . .

7. Alisa says:

So funny! I love this…I must get some googly eyes.

I totally agree…keep running fun! No need to be a super speed demon kill yourself on every run-runner.

Have fun at CCR!

8. kristen says:

Mutton Busting is my favorite too. So cute!!!

CCR – definitely worth missing a run/workout for.

Your a dork – in a good way ;)

9. Tiffany says:

-What’s the best running book you’ve read?

-what’s your current running playlist, and your “power” song that keeps you going?

10. B.o.B. says:

As noted above by Morgan we sing all the time. I pretend I am in a musical and my life is in song. Tone deaf song just like yours. The googley eyes in the cheese drawer is classic. Have a good run!

11. Bootchez says:

That’s some funny stuff there with the eyes. My BF is always drawing odd faces etc in magazines lying around the house, and they’re always so fun and unexpected. I am totally with you on the inappropriate, out of tune singing, and the running for fun . . . the FUN part is why I remain a slow runner. I enjoy it!

12. Lisa says:

Haha, love it! Hope you don’t mind… I might have to steal that idea.

13. THAT IS HILARIOUS!!! I love it, I so agree, those eyes ARE watching. haha

14. Denise says:

Sounds like you two are a match made in heaven.

15. Love the eyes! Such a fun thing to do!

16. RunToFinish says:

oh my gosh that’s great!! I used to do things like that with a boy friend in college!

17. oz runner says:

that geico googly eye thing is hilarious…reminds me of back in college i lived in a house with 9 guys and somehow we started hiding this glow worm kids toy on each other all over the house, it would show up in laundry baskets, dishwasher loads, backpacks, you name it…good times..

18. lauren says:

I have always wanted to see mutten busting! I think it would be so cute and funny!
    Love the game! My husband and I hide hearts around our house for a little game.

19. X-Country2 says:

Hee. You and your roommate are so fun. I always wonder about that campaign though. It’s basically the 3rd Gieco campaign they’re running at the same time. Cavemen, Gecko, and google eyes. Seems against conventional ad strategy to get confusing like that.

20. diana says:

The eyes are cute! Have fun exploring new routes.

21. CCR rocks! My husband and I danced to one of their songs at our wedding :) Have fun!

22. Haha…funny contest you and roomie got going there! Very hilarious!

You are so right about slowing down for hot runs in the sun. The goal on those is really to just survive and not kill yourself. Anything else is just icing on the cake!

Sorry I’ve been away for a bit. Hope you have fun exploring and discovering new running trails.

23. Glenn Jones says:

Slow down in the heat? Man, sometimes I need to slow down period!

I am soooo happy to hear your perspective on running. Too many people just want to run BTTW each and every run. Keep it fun folks!

24. Marlene says:

That is the kind of stuff that would have me cracking up too!

25. Shannon says:

Ya’ll crack me up! Although, I must admit – I hate that song!! Did you know it’s an actual song from like the 80′s? It pop’d up on my Pandora one day and I about yanked my ear buds out! LOL I kid you not!

26. Lisa says:

Ha, I received the same advertisement in the mail yesterday and thought of you.

27. jam says:

OMG this is hilarious… my family hides the GEICO MONEY TOO!!!!!!! I thought it was only us! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHA! I love stuff like that! My brother and i have a little yellow man that we hide for eachother. Not the most ‘hidden’ places but it is fun to randomly find it! ha ha ha :) have fun at the rodeo and good luck with your 8miler!

29. Ok I’m not watching the Bachelorette, but pit sniffing?!? That’s a must see. Hope you find the video.

Thanks for getting this song stuck in my head! Not!!!

30. Sherry says:

LOL! This is too funny! I think it so great you and your roomie are such good friends.

31. kymberli q. says:

This is HILARIOUS! I love it!!

32. N.D. says:

HAHAHA that is too funny about geico. Good idea to map out your run ahead of time!

33. Maddy says: