Happy (almost) 21st Birthday BABY KOO!

My little brother turns 21 this Sunday! He hates it when I call him Baby Koo but I can’t resist. I can’t believe how old he is going to be :) So today I thought I would post some pictures of us since it’s Foto Friday! We are both adopted, so it’s weird that so many of you think that we look alike.

tayme2

He’s on the far right side. That hair was pretty crazy. This was his senior year of High School.

tayme3

This was Easter in 2006. He still had the really fluffy hair! :)

tayme4

This was at my college graduation in 2008. I feel like this was when people started to say that we look alike, which is odd since we are both adopted!

metay4

Christmas card options in 2005. Yup, that’s a surfboard. My brother is an amazing surfer and used to compete but since then has just lifeguarded and also plays a lot of golf these days.

tayme5

This is so blurry, but this was when we were little! How cute!

tayme6

Another when we were little picture! He still has those crazy blue eyes.

tayme7

This, I think, is the most recent picture of us. We went out to dinner together. He hates picture just as much as Mr. R so it’s rare that he allows me to take them.

Happy Birthday little Koo! :) We will have tons of fun celebrating. I’m so glad you are in my life and that our relationship has really grown over the past few years. I must say though, your OCD tendencies were a little hard to live with, ha ha! You make me so proud being a lifeguard and even now being a Junior Guard leader. With everything you do, you always do it so well. You’re good at everything and it makes me jealous super proud to be your sister! I hope you have a wonderful birthday and can’t wait to celebrate many more with you! Cheers!

I’ll have lots of fun pictures from this weekend too I’m sure. I hope everyone has a wonderful fourth. I am so grateful to live in a country where we are free to celebrate whatever we want, and can speak our minds. I also know that I am SO grateful for all those involved in military service and who are risking their lives for our safety. I know some of you are Military Wives and my hat goes off to you and your families and those who are fighting for us!

As for me, there’s a beer garden on my block tomorrow. Legitimate, to say the least. They are also shooting off fireworks in front of the pier by my house, so I’ll be cruising the area. Then at midnight, I think we’ll go out for Baby Koo’s Birthday. This afternoon I’ve got a run on the schedule and then some laying out at the beach! I love the sun! Tomorrow before the festivities begin and it gets to warm I’m going to run 13 miles as well. Gotta gear up for the 1/2!

Remember to enter the ZENSAH $75 Prize Pack Contest! I’m going to draw the winner on Monday!

Happy Fourth!

22 Responses to Happy (almost) 21st Birthday BABY KOO!

1. YAY for birthdays! My lil sis JUST celebrated her 21st too. Scary isn’t it? Ah they are getting old. Have a lovely 4th of July my dear.

2. Katie A. says:

Have a sibling is the best! And I can totally relate that your relationship just keeps getting better as each of you get older! My mom always reminds me, your siblings are the only people who will know you your entire life…keep them close, their on your team!
    Enjoy the 4th and the long run!

3. diana says:

Looks like you and your brother have a great relationship. Hope he has a wonderful 21st!

4. Marlene says:

Great photos! Happpy Birthday to little Koo. :)

5. Amanda says:

I’ll keep trying to get you added to the reader. Have a great weekend, you and your bro are super cute!

6. Jennifer Z says:

Awwww – soo cute!! Happy Birthday to the bro!

7. Aww how fun!! Happy Birthday to lil’ koo! that’s adorable :) I love celebrating birthdays.

Have a wonderful weekend and happy 4th!

8. Natalie says:

Happy Birthday to your brother! He’s adorable! Have fun celebrating, and have a great 4th too!

Oh, and I found the watermelon videos, that’s so awesome!

9. kristen says:

You guys look alike becuase you both have the same big beautiful smile. (not trying to be cheesey here, it’s true)

happy birthday little bro.

10. michelle says:

Happy Birthday to your bro! He is a cutie!

11. Kaolee says:

I can’t seem to add you on my list. It says that it can’t find a feed.

But I love the new layout and the pics!

12. Katie says:

Why do you call him baby koo lol? Happy Birthday to him! Hope he has fun!

13. Happy Birthday to your little brother! I also adore my younger bro even though he aggravated the crap out of me growing up! So glad we got over that and he’s my best friend now!!

14. Mrs G.I Joe says:

AWE! This was a really sweet post:) I love my little brother and did a post on him as well:p Happy birthday to the bro!

15. tara gibson says:

what a cutie he is! sweet post!

ps why is your blog not updating on my blog roll?!?

16. Too fun!

Maybe you too look alike from growing up together – kind of like how they say married couples look more and more alike over the years.

17. Bonnie says:

Lil Koo is too cute! I’m super close to my little bro too and these pics are awesome.

18. Alisa says:

Awww I love all the pics. The surf board Xmas card is soooooo So Cal!

19. J.J. says:

you two are too cute!!!!

20. kymberli q. says:

You two really do look like! That is so nutty!! Happy Birthday to Little Koo…you should let me do the Christmas pics this year (although that surfboard one is totally cute)…my gift, of course…we would have a blast – Big Koo and Lil Koo! LMAO We could do some fun stuff…even if not for Christmas cards, let’s do it!! :)

21. Tara says:

love the baby koo pics!!!! sooo freaken cute! makes me jealous I always wanted a lil bro haha

22. infifefeesE says:

illinois foundation for quality health care Order Mextil breast expansion hydra eating your way to good health kaufman stride gum wrappers