Blame it on the ch-ch-ch-ch-ceviche

The title has nothing to do with the post, it’s just something funny that we say where I work all the time. Oh well! Onto some pictures!

Well it’s another NikeMom’s Foto Friday. Hooray! I love me some photo Friday and I have some interesting photos from the past few days. First off, here’s one of me and the bro, T last weekend when we went out to dinner. This was the same night when he was walking away for me and I called his name to remind him where to cross the street and someone looked to him and said, “Hey bro, your mom’s calling you.” FAIL.

Then we have some great pictures from my recent 20 miler. This was me ready to go!
Then we have the lovely ice bath picture. I literally just used cold water and a bag of ice, but it was almost melted at this point. I wore my bathing suit and it WASN’T fun but I listened to my ipod to pass time. I really like my alfalfa hair in this picture.

Finally, yesterday I was a good car owner and got my car washed and oil changed. I drive a Scion TC and my nickname is Koo. My liscence plate even says, “The Koo”. If my mom knew what I was driving around in she would probably tell me that I was, “living in filth.” It was getting to the point where my car was getting too disgusting. I don’t think I’ve washed it since October! To my defense though, “The Koo” is parked outside ALL day and ALL night. There is no covering, so it’s constantly being bombed by leaves, bird poop, fog, mist, rain, etc. But now! Now look how speedy and clean my little squirrel is! I am a proud mama. Driving home last night was kind of weird though, because my car was SO clean.

I am still contemplating the race on Sunday. I think I will probably end up doing it though. Yesterday I ran 7.25 miles, with the first 5 miles at 8:44 pace, and the next mile at 7:47 pace and then a cool down 1.25 mile at 10:00 pace. I was TIRED after that. I haven’t done speed work in so long and pushing myself that hard was tough, but I felt good getting in some speed work. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I will be posting the Adoption April Q&A’s on Monday and my Garmin Review on Tuesday! Good luck to all those racing this weekend, kick some serious butt!

36 Responses to Blame it on the ch-ch-ch-ch-ceviche

sweet car dirty or not!!

i cant believe some idiot thought you were your brothers mom.

FTL

2. Sheila says:

You definitely don’t look old enough to be his mother. Yes. FAIL. Good workout last night and g’luck with your run or race this weekend.

3. Julianne says:

Not even close to being his mom!! Btw, great job on the run and super cute car!! LOVE the personalized plate, too!!!

4. Shannon says:

I love the pre-race picture! You look so stinkin cute! I’m definitely going for a new running outfit after work now!

I’m in a 5k tomorrow! First one of the year! (Yes, I know..It’s May! LOL)

5. Marlene says:

Wow, you are one young & hot Mom! lol

Cute pics.

I thin my car needs a bath too!

Have a great weekend and good luck at the race if you decide to go for it.

6. Amber says:

I’m wondering about ice baths… I always feel soooo stiff after a long run (10 miles +). Obviously you sit in a bathtub full of ice, but for how long?? And does it help??

7. Susan says:

His mother?? That guy needs to get his eyes checked!

Love the car!

8. Denise says:

Cute alfalpha hair, Mom. :-)

9. bri says:

haha i love alfalfa hair! sexy car!

10. Candice says:

haha! how could anybody think you are his mom?? that’s hilarious.

Way to go on that speedwork. That takes some serious dedication. I’m terrible at speedwork…maybe because I never do it. And I never do it because I’m terrible at it…and the cycle continues. Way to go..you’re awesome!

11. Alisa says:

Charlotte Leigh the CRV needs a bath too!

So not even close to being old enough for kids let alone a grow man! WTF!

Nice job on the runs.

Cute ice bath picture, I have to wear a sweatshirt and have something warm to drink.

12. Billy Burger says:

Ok, finally my turn: ice bath FAIL.

Think you need more than just a bag and cold water. Hehe..

What race this weekend are you thinking of running?

13. Lacey Nicole says:

love the ice bath pic!!! you wore your arm bands for the 20 miler! so awesome you like them so much:) and that is a great pic of you and your bro! :)

14. LG says:

ugh — looking at that ice bath picture gives me the chills, i know there are going to be some in my future – i just need to get over the initial one.

15. kristen says:

“mom” No way. That guy must have been really far away.

16. P.O.M. says:

I totally need to wash my car, but I think it might rain… (that’s always my excuse)

17. I Run for Fun says:

Nice pics! The guy who said you were your bro’s mom must’ve been semi-blind.

Good luck at the race!

18. Glenn Jones says:

Nice photos. Thanks for sharing them!

So if I see that license on the freeway I know I can cut you off now. Bwaaa haa haa! I keep my yeys peeled for you Sunday. The weather should be nice too.

19. Erin says:

You def. don’t look old enough to be ANYBODY’S mom!!

Check it out: http://www.bitchtunes.wordpress.com :)

-Erin

20. Run For Life says:

You definitely don’t look like your brother’s mom, that’s crazy!!!

Nice car. :)

21. ~Mrs. Guru~ says:

an ice bath huh. You are a brave woman!

22. X-Country2 says:

I totally need to clean my car too. Blech.

Good luck this weekend!

23. Sarah says:

first of all again way to go on that long run you did your like super woman minus the wacky outfit. second how long do you stay in the ice bath.. I always try it but never knwo how long to stay in… third be careful putting your liscence plate and car on here my husband who is a police officer say crazy people can find out all your info from that even what house you live in..

24. Newlywed Next Door says:

Thanks for the kitten love. When you do want to come over and visit him?
    PS- We have treadmills downstairs if you want to run too!

25. Megan says:

I am inspired for by your running stories! I am guessing you are doing the OC Marathon. I went for a run today through some of the streets that are going to be blocked off for the run and it was beautiful! You should definitely do it-good luck!

26. Heather says:

I finally washed my car today too . . . it was desperate for a bath.

Have a great weekend, and good luck if you decide to race on Sunday!

27. Mrs. G.I Joe says:

Gosh I would sooo cringe at the ice bath! But you make it look not so bad, ha ha! If I ever get to where I’m running alot more then 2 miles then I might just have to try this:) By the way, I tagged you for an award on my blog so go check it out!

28. Ms. V. says:

Whoever said you were his mom is insane.

I still trip.

Do the race. It sounds like fun and not many people! (CincodeMayo?)

29. RoadBunner says:

When I do my ice dunks for a while I was treating myself to 15 minute clips of “Running the Sahara.” I’ve since watched the whole thing from my warm bed and am not sure how I’ll survive the ice anymore!

30. J says:

Cute car! And you have a cool license plate too! Hope the race went well today!

31. [email protected] says:

TC’s a sweet ride – I’ve got an xB! (Before the crappy redesign a few years back!) I fancy your sporty ride though. :)

32. Tiffany says:

Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Thank you for your sweet comment as well. It’s always fun to meet others who have done the Komen walk. I am definitely looking forward to it! Have a great weekend!

33. Girl on Top says:

20 miler! Dang girl. Great job!

34. joyRuN says:

You’re still smiling in the ice bath after your 20 – awesome!!

I don’t know what kinda visually-impaired person would EVER think that you were your bro’s mom!

35. KBroome says:

I cannot seem to find your e-mail but I have two questions! Could you email me or do a post on the purpose of shot bloks and ice baths? I am new to long distance running and am training for my first half marathon. I love running but there are many things I would like to learn to enhance my performance! I didn’t know there were so many resources out there for runners! Anyway, if you wouldn’t mind- my email is: [email protected]

Thanks!

36. Amy says:

haha, love the alfalfa hair comment. I love ice baths!