Morning Butt Kick

So this morning I overslept. I had planned on getting in five miles and then seeing how my knee felt. I decided that I would just try to run a little bit faster in order to get my run in before I went to work for the day.

Faster is right. 7:55 pace. Where in the WORLD did that come from? Came home, SWEATY! :) I haven’t ran that fast in a long time and I really had to push myself to run that fast, but I feel like it was well worth it. My legs felt good and we will see in about two hours how my knee is feeling. My toe didn’t seem to bother me, but it usually after I take off my shoes after a long day. I then did 20 push ups and finished with 200 sit ups. Dying. The abs. Dying.

Tonight I’m going to a little election party gathering. Here in CA its time to vote for some city officials and one of my close family friends is running for the City of Bellflower. Should be exciting and hopefully he is a shoo-in!

Well we all know I would have to address it sometime. About this bachelor debacle that I saw last night. From day one I disliked the guy, anyone who leaves his small child with no mother to find ‘love’ on television is a crock for me. Melissa will probably be the next bachelorette since she loves to be on TV, and has her own calender. Wow, no wonder when I tried out for the show a while back I didn’t make it. I didn’t know you had to be a model. Enough with that, I am sad I just wasted perfect blog space for that.

I leave you with this lovely race photo from the Race on the Base 10k that was two weekends ago.

Photobucket

49 Responses to Morning Butt Kick

1. Nikemom says:

Great job on pace. You go girl!

2. Jamie says:

Cute pic!!!
    Ok w/ the workouts you do your belly is probably much flatter than mine! LOL I can’t help you w/ the long torso part (just lucky I guess butI have short squaty ugly legs! LOL) but I think you are well on your way to a nice flat belly. I agree w/ you about The Bachelor. I did think it was weird for him to leave his little boy to find love… not once but TWICE!
    Did you seriously try out to be on on the bachelor? Details please?

3. Christina says:

Oh how you inspire me to run. I’m only running about 25 minutes at a time and at a pace of 9:30 min miles. I hope to one day reach your level. Thanks for the inspiration.

4. aron says:

nice job on the run!!! and the pushups and situps :) i need to get back on those after last week’s hiatus :)

great pic!!!

5. Denise says:

Speedy!! Great job!!

6. kristintarr says:

Um yeah, I will waste blog space to say that Jason is a moron. That was the lamest, strangest and saddest finale to a bachelor yet! Good job on the run!!

7. The Laminator says:

Congrats on your speedy early morning run! I always feel fresher after one of those. Way to work in some velocity for the early mroning! Have fun on your trip.

8. Prepster says:

Awesome pace! good job and way to get out of bed and run before work, I always want to do that, but have yet to be able to (I made it one day in Feb.)…. how were you able to start getting up in the morning to make it?

9. skinnyrunner.com says:

dang mama, go girl. nice run.
    i wasnt speaking of love maegan but went to her site, and yep, thats pretty much what im talking about. i guess i dont have the cajones to take pictures of myself modeling like that.

10. Sarah says:

That is an AWESOME 5 mile pace! I am a very slow runner. :) I am always in awe of you fast girls. :)

11. Alisa says:

Wow, 7:55…I’m happy when I see a 9 as the first number…wait who am I kiding, when I see at 10 as the first number.

Great job! Still haven’t heard from Kristen but I have a feeling it’ll be a go for SD. She’s studying for big law school stuff!

Election party, fun times.

12. Tania says:

Good job on the am run! That’s fast! In my best shape I could only run a couple miles at that pace!

I think Jillian got the slot for the next Bachelorette. Did you really try out? I’d never make it on that show!

13. Brandi says:

Wow girl way to go on the pace! I can’t even imagine getting to that level! I’m happy to see 10′s on the watch! Way to stay motivated and get up before work to do it. I was doing that back in the fall but it’s just too cold for me right now. Once it warms up I plan to start back with morning runs! Just a great way to start your day! Wow and 200 sit ups! Your stomach will be fabulous for bathing suits! I wish I had that determination. Operation Hottness has been on a downward spiral! HA

14. Marlene says:

Woohoo, speedy run! I hope the knee is okay.

Great pic – looking strong!

15. Billy Burger says:

Great run Danica…certainly better than how I’ve been running lately.

We’re going to have a great time this Sunday.

16. Amber says:

Good job on the fast pace! That’s awesome.

Are you doing full on situps everyday or crunches? Do you tuck your feet under a couch or dresser or anything to do your situps!?

17. Lou Lou says:

Congrats on your amazing run this am. I’m still trying to motivate myself to run! You’re great inspiration though! I would love to hear what’s on your iPod that you like to run to. Could be a fun post! xo

18. Run Mommy says:

Great job! Your pace is crazy fast – as always I am impressed by the speedsters. Great picture!

19. The Reality of Happily Ever After says:

AHH!! You inspire me! Great job!

20. Newlywed Next Door says:

Did you seriously try out for the Bachelor? That’s a fun fact!
    Who is the politico friend?

21. RunToFinish says:

man you speed demon, that’s awesome!!!

22. Julie says:

Great job on the pace! If your toe starts bothering you again, try painting some New Skin over the area that had the blister. It has to be New Skin brand though, none of that liquid bandage crap. I get monster blisters on the side of my big toes, and that stuff works like a charm. They still blister up, but dont hurt at all.

23. Run Saraah says:

Wow, awesome pace! I can only keep that pace on downhill runs :) I love the race photo…you look hardcore!

24. Mrs. D says:

good job on the pace!! You are inspiring me so much to run again! I used to be on the track team, but you wouldn’t be able to tell that now if you saw me running! Ha! Hopefully I’ll be running soon. :)

25. Meghan says:

7:55! That’s like the FASTEST I run, for about 5minutes haha! Congrats!

I am soo happy someone else didn’t like Jason. All my friends think he’s soo cute and sensitive. Not my style at all ha!

As for dear Olivia…can’t wait to see what she cooks up next week. I can’t believe she is my age, she seems sooo lame and uptight.

Thanks for commenting on my blog!!!

26. joyRuN says:

You look dayum good in your race pics! What is UP with that?!

Good job on the 7:55!

27. J says:

Great pace for the run!!! Awesome job! I love the running picture too! You are just so photogenic!!

28. Brooke says:

Okay, so I read this post this morning. Then I went on my 5 miler this afternoon and killed it. 39:31… 7:55 pace! How weird is that!? I guess I was just inspired by your post and my body was up for it!

Cute running pic :)

29. Carolina Girl says:

You go girl! You are too cute!! :)

30. Niki says:

Great job on the pace! I’m very impressed! You are so motivating!

31. Laurel says:

Nice workout lady! Look how fast you are! And I’m impressed with the pushups!

32. X-Country2 says:

Speedy girl!

Your race pics are always adorable. Way jealous. :o)

33. Shoshanah says:

I could be wrong, but I think Ty’s mother is in the picture. But that she refuses to have anything with the show. If I was her I would too. I wouldn’t want to be involved when my son’s father tries to find love.
    And that is exciting you auditioned for The Bachelor. Was it for any season in particular?

34. Glenn Jones says:

That’s a great pic Danica!

35. Emily says:

Wow- serious good job on the time, way to amp it up. Here’s hoping your knee was ok afterward. -e

36. Lacey Nicole says:

lookin’ gooood! and AWESOME run! tempo, what??!! :) that’s kick-a$$ don’t you feel so bad-a$$ (wow i’m such a bad-language person right now sorry!)…!! it feels good to go hard sometimes. have a great day!

37. Jillian says:

That is a great picture! I love when they turn out good, as they usually involve me making some bizzarre face or are half blurry or I am missing a body part!

BTW- Awesome running time! Inspires me to keep going and getting better.

38. RunWithMe says:

Great pace, I am SO impressed!

Yes, Jason – I love the show but it such a setup for drama. Can’t wait to see what Jillian does.

39. E says:

hi there! i’m new to your blog, but i’m so glad i found it! i love your posts! great job on your run- i can’t wait until i’m running 7 minute miles. (i have a long way to go!) by the way- what brand of shorts are you wearing in that photo? they are very cute and look super comfy.

40. Crazyisa says:

That’s an amazing pace! Congrats!
    I really like your blog :)

41. Tara Gibson says:

awesome job!!! and thats a cute pic!

42. Ms. V. says:

You’re fast!!!

Bachelor-one word: Skanky

43. LyndsAU says:

You go girl!! Awesome!!!

44. Marathon Maritza says:

oooh that’s a fast pace!! Nice!!!! I couldn’t do one push-up to save my life, so well done!

Cute pic too, loves it!

45. lindsay says:

nice job on the fast run! i’m kind of missing that post-run all-over sweaty-ness since it’s still cool here. love that you tried out for the bachelor, but glad you didn’t get accepted – you deserve way better! :) love the race pic too, ow oww short shorts!

46. Natalie D says:

Wow – super fast pace! great job! Good ab work too! Cute pic.

47. Jo says:

Just wondering what shorts you are wearing in this pic? They look perfect for warm weather!

48. Chic Runner says:

These shorts are Under Armour shorts. They are amazing and never chafe. I’ve gotten a lot of questions that’s why I thought I would let everyone know! Nike also makes a great pair as well.

49. Miguel says: