Do we really look alike?

So many times I get told that I look like my brother. Before my mom died people always were shocked when I told them I was adopted because everyone said we looked alike too. I thought in honor of Nike Mom’s foto friday, I would post some pictures to see if y’all still thought me and my little bro still looked alike.

These are mostly older pictures. You can see my old hair too ha ha, and even when I had a bob. Yikes. :) Since Taylor’s long hair is now also gone, he wears it how it looks in the pictures I posted yesterday from the wedding. I wish I had more pictures of me and him but they are all stuck on my old computer! I need to get that fixed so I can get onto there and get all the documents and pictures off. Soon enough I will.

This is kind of a random post, but enjoy!

Photobucket

This was one of the pictures we took for one of our family Christmas Cards back in ’05

Photobucket

Easter, right after my mom died. Right before I randomly cut off 11 inches of my hair and Taylor still had super long hair!

Photobucket

A pre-dance picture after I chopped my hair off

Photobucket

This was another pre-dance picture, my hair was slowly growing back!

Photobucket

Then I cut my hair short again and this was the first year he was a lifeguard and Huntington State Beach. This year will be his fourth year already!

Photobucket

At his high school graduation party.. My hair was blondish and long again?

Photobucket

At his high school graduation party

Photobucket

This is a picture of me and my mom too. This is the last picture I took with her, and I like to think that it’s a great picture!

Crazy how I still look so much like my brother and I looked like my mom huh! People always ask me about adoption and how I feel about it etc. and if any of you have any questions feel free to ask me. I like to talk about it and am not offended at all! Maybe I will post more about my adoption soon if you guys would like to know more. I hope everyone has a great weekend! I have a wonderful 16 miler planner tomorrow and I am going to work on re-painting my dresser and getting some shelves up in my room. I also hope to see the movie, “I Love you, Man”. It looks hilarious!

xoxox

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

49 Comments

• Reply Amber

You are both very photogenic! I definitely see similarities between you and your brother and you and your mom. It’s something about your smiles and your eyes that look alike! That’s definitely a great picture of you and your mom, I never would have guessed that you are adopted, that’s so interesting. If you blog about it I would definitely be interested in learning more about your adoption :-)

March 20, 2009 at 11:01 am
  • Reply Jocelyn

I think you guys have similar shaped eyes. And you both have great big smiles. So maybe thats why people see you guys looking similar. Love the pictures though!

March 20, 2009 at 11:01 am
  • Reply Wearing Mascara

Hey girlie!

This is too funny because I’m planning a post next week about my sis and I and if we look alike (yes, we are related). Ironic? Yes.

I love that pic of you and your mom and I’d love to hear more about your adoption. I think it’s so interesting to hear peoples stories.

YAY for a 16 miler this weekend! Guess what I just got back from? I ran for 70 minutes STRAIGHT! I am so pleased with myself :-) haha okay enough bragging on YOUR post. Just wanna tell ya bc you are my running blog inspiration. Have fun this weekend!

j

March 20, 2009 at 11:05 am
  • Reply Stuart

It’s all in the smile, big beaming white smiles!

Great pics “through the ages”!

March 20, 2009 at 11:08 am
  • Reply Running Through Life

It’s refreshing to see a family that is close and happy, regardless if they are blood related or not. Great pictures you do look alike. I think its wonderful that you are so open to sharing your experience.

March 20, 2009 at 11:11 am
  • Reply Tara

it’s definitely all about the smiles :D that is a greay pic of you and your mom!

thanks for sharing! it’s nice to see that you’re open and willing to share :)

March 20, 2009 at 11:25 am
  • Reply Christina

You and your brother do look alike. I love the polka dot dress you are wearing in the one picture. I would love to hear about your adoption. My cousin (he’s like a brother I only have two cousins total) is adopted.

March 20, 2009 at 11:27 am
  • Reply X-Country2

I didn’t realize you were adopted. I’d love to read more about it if you ever share. Your entire family seems lovely and wonderful.

And yes, that last picture of you and you mom is a great picture. :o)

March 20, 2009 at 11:29 am
  • Reply Candice

What a fun post! I totally agree with everyone else about yours and your brother’s eyes. What sweet pictures of you with your family. And I would love hearing your story!

I have an 18 miler planned for tomorrow…and to be honest with you I’ve been kind of dreading it. Our 16 miler a couple weekends ago didn’t go too well, and I’m scared of having a replay of that. Hearing you enthusiasm for you 16 miler makes me feel more excited. Thanks for being so positive!

March 20, 2009 at 11:29 am
  • Reply Jess

I had no idea you were adopted, and yes I think you and your brother look a lot alike, especially in the photo where he’s in the cap and gown! I’d love to read more if you decided to post about it!

March 20, 2009 at 11:36 am
  • Reply aron

LOVE all these pics and you guys all totally look related!!! I would love to hear more about your adoption, definitely do a post on it!

have a great run tomorrow!!!

ps I really like your hair short :)

March 20, 2009 at 11:42 am
  • Reply Christine

You are sooo gorgeous and you all sorta look similar. I actually want to have a few of my own kids and adopt some as well. Are you thinking of adopting?

March 20, 2009 at 11:58 am
  • Reply Niki

Ya’ll definately look alike! That’s awesome. I would love to hear more about your adoption:) Good luck on your 16 miler tomorrow! You are so inspiring!

March 20, 2009 at 12:09 pm
  • Reply Kristin

Definitely look alike! Crazy how things happen that way.

Good luck with the 16 miles, I’m glad I only have 13 tomorrow!

March 20, 2009 at 12:31 pm
  • Reply Ms. V.

Your Mom was beautiful.

March 20, 2009 at 12:34 pm
  • Reply Lacey Nicole

you have had a lot of hair changes :) you and your bro take some great pictures, it’s awesome you have so many together.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR 16 MILES!!!! rock and roll it!

March 20, 2009 at 1:03 pm
  • Reply *~! megs !~*

You guys are both adorable that’s for sure! I think you definitely have the same smile!! I think you look like your mother as well. And I would love to hear more about your adoption if you want to blog about it! My hubs is adopted and it’s something near and dear to our hearts and something we want to do so badly. Looking forward to hearing your story!

March 20, 2009 at 1:08 pm
  • Reply Bama Belle...

wow – there is definitely a resemblance between the two of you. both of you are so photogenic and i agree, it is the smiles!

also, found you on twitter :)

March 20, 2009 at 2:01 pm
  • Reply Alisa

Wow! I totally thought you two looked alike from the wedding pics but even over the years and the many hair-do’s you totally have a resemblence!

I agree with other commentors you’re both very photogenic too!

I would like to hear more about the adoption too, if you’re willing to share.

P.S. Your hair looks great in all do’s…short, long, brown, blondish…you’re a hottie =).

March 20, 2009 at 2:12 pm
  • Reply Denise

That was a really sweet post…I didn’t know you lost your mom. I’m very sorry about that. You and your brother both look so happy in every picture…it’s that smile that makes you look alike!

I’d love to hear more about your adoption. Especially as it’s something my husband and I are considering.

March 20, 2009 at 2:23 pm
  • Reply Melanie

It’s true.. y’all all do like kind of alike. BTW, I love your hair as a brunette!

I’d love to hear more about being adopted sometime. I’ve always thought I’d like to adopt someday, but I’ve never known anyone adopted to ask them how it is from their side of things.

March 20, 2009 at 2:45 pm
  • Reply jlc

Ok WHERE does your brother get his hair done?? Love it! Haha. But he looks better with the short. Either way you guys look great.

Love the pics. You guys are adorable.

March 20, 2009 at 3:41 pm
  • Reply Billy Burger

Wow…had no idea you were adopted.

Your mom was a beautiful woman and did a great job of raising her daughter.

March 20, 2009 at 3:53 pm
  • Reply Naturally Caffeinated Family

Ahhh those pictures are soo good, you guys are so photogenic! You look beautiful in all of them (and the wedding pics from your last post too =)!!)! You guys especially look alike in the graduation and last couple pics =) Definitely the smiles :) Looks like you guys are great buds, so sweet!

March 20, 2009 at 4:50 pm
  • Reply Run For Life

What great pictures!

My sister is adopted and no one ever believes it when she tells them she was!

I also dated someone that was adopted (he and his sister both were) and they looked like bro/sis and he looked like exactly like his dad and grandfather.

So maybe that happens a lot? Haha, I don’t know.

March 20, 2009 at 5:36 pm
  • Reply Run Saraaah

You are both so photogenic, your smiles look similar to me too.

March 20, 2009 at 5:56 pm
  • Reply Sharneysrun

YES! You totally look like your mom & brother! Just goes to show it was in the cards for you to be a family :-) Thanks for sharing the pictures- what special memories!

Good luck on the 16 miler! You can definitely do it!

March 20, 2009 at 6:17 pm
  • Reply J

Thanks for sharing the pictures! I would love to hear your adoption story. It is crazy how you look like your mom and brother! Maybe its the thing where when you live with ppl you start to look like them? lol
    Do you look like mr. R??? I cant remember? lol

March 20, 2009 at 6:21 pm
  • Reply Nicole

Thanks for sharing the pictures. You guys do look similar! If you feel comfortable i would love to hear about your adoption story. That is a beautiful picture of you and your mom. What a wonderful memory! Thanks for sharing!

March 20, 2009 at 7:15 pm
  • Reply RunToFinish

Def post more about adoption if you are open to talking about it! My husband and I have talked a lot about it and I think in a few more years when we are ready to think about kids that’s what I’d like to do. I have no crazy yearning to shoot something from my loins…I’d rather give a child in this world a great home.

so fun to see you with your family cause everyone tells me that I’ll regret it, but I know I won’t

March 20, 2009 at 7:25 pm
  • Reply Carolina Girl

Your mom was so pretty! And yes, you and your brother definitely look alike! You are one of those fortunate girls that look great with short or long hair. I LOVE that summer dress you have one in that one pic. ADORABLE.

Thanks for sharing these with us and thanks for the birthday wishes!! =)

March 20, 2009 at 8:20 pm
  • Reply A Toronto girl out West

That’s a WONDERFUL picture of you and your mom! Both of you look so happy!

What a fantastic memory! And yes you do look a lot alike! :o)

March 20, 2009 at 8:36 pm
  • Reply Good Gals Inc

You two do look alike!!! I think it’s the jawline! Especially in the graduation picture. How old were you when you were adopted??

March 20, 2009 at 9:10 pm
  • Reply joyRuN

Wow! I think you & your brother really look alike with great smiles.

Love the pics :)

March 21, 2009 at 5:04 am
  • Reply Glenn Jones

I never would have thought that you weren’t biologically related!

Great pics. Thanks for sharing your photos and your story.

March 21, 2009 at 6:35 am
  • Reply Shorty

I love the pics, and yes I think you look like your mom and brother. I would love to hear more about your adoption. If I was a bumper sticker kind of gal it would say “ProAdoption” over anything else. Such a wonderful thing to do!

Thanks for sharing your family with us!!!

March 21, 2009 at 6:56 am
  • Reply Marlene

Those are great pictures!

Enjoy that 16-miler.

March 21, 2009 at 8:24 am
  • Reply Megan

Woah! I’m a fairly new reader of your blog and i had NO idea you were adopted! I think you and your brother really look alike in the picture of you and him at the wedding. I would have never guessed that you were adopted after seeing that picture. Crazy!

Really cute pics by the way!

March 21, 2009 at 8:46 am
  • Reply Oz Runner

great pics, and how cool that you and your brother are close like that, and i can see why people say you look alike…

March 21, 2009 at 11:32 am
  • Reply SparklesVW

It is funny that you get comments about how you look so much like your family and you were adopted. I too, am adopted and I get that all the time. If people are not aware they always comment on how much I look like my mom. The really funny part is that I look more like my adopted family than I do my biological family. I think it is great that you are so comfortable talking about your adoption. I feel the same way. I know that people are so curious about it and worry about you taking offense to their questions. People have always asked me when and how I found out that I was adopted and I guess that is my question for you. How and at what age were you told that you were adopted? I guess for me it was never an issue in my life because my parents told me at a very young age. I was actually very proud of the fact that I was adopted because it felt to me like they chose me and that made me special. Looks like you have a wonderful family!

March 21, 2009 at 11:45 am
  • Reply The Reality of Happily Ever After

You both have great smiles and similar squinty eyes when you pose for a pic — I’m guessing you also both have similar spirits having been raised by the same parents…

Beautiful :)

March 21, 2009 at 12:27 pm
  • Reply Cindy

you all do look alike. i’m sorry about your mom; i lost my mom too-3 years ago and my dad got remarried as well. it was pretty difficult, but it’s good to see him happy. i think that’s the most important thing. stay strong, and i would love to hear your adoption story.

March 21, 2009 at 3:38 pm
  • Reply The Happy Runner

First, let me just say that your mom was so lucky to have a daughter like you. Although we’ve never met your spirit shines through in your blog and it is really sweet.

Now, those pics are terrific! I think the thing that might make you all look so much alike is that you have such great big smiles! Such happy, nice pics. Thanks for sharing them!!

Good luck with the 16-miler.

March 21, 2009 at 4:44 pm
  • Reply Natalie D

These pictures are to cherish. They are adorable. You have the same eye shape as your brother and definitely resemble both your mom and brother. So cute! Hope the 16 went well. I have to do that tomorrow and am dreading it actually!

March 21, 2009 at 7:36 pm
  • Reply Amanda

What wonderful pictures. It’s true, you and your brother and your mom definitely look alike. That is a precious pic of you and your mother. I would love to hear more about your adoption. Some friends of mine have not been able to get pregnant, and they are looking into adopting now.

March 22, 2009 at 6:48 am
  • Reply Jamie

Yes it’s crazy how much you two look alike! It was meant to be =) I love your short hair! Really cute!

March 22, 2009 at 8:32 am
  • Reply That Pink Girl

You DO look like your brother and mother. I think it is the killer smiles! While not adopted, my father is not my biological dad. Yet growing up, everyone always commented on how much we look alike. (and we do) My mom always said, “If you feed something long enough, it will start to look like you. Kids and Dog.” :)

March 22, 2009 at 4:38 pm
  • Reply lindsay

you are gorgeous! and so cute back in the day :)

i can see similarities too – i would never have guessed you were adopted!

hope the 16-miler and your weekend was great!

March 24, 2009 at 2:43 pm
  • Reply K

Hey!

I came across your website because I’m writing a paper on physical resemblance and identity. If you’re willing to respond, I would be really grateful! I’m curious, what does looking like your brother and mom mean to you? Why is that something important to who you know you are? I’m also adopted (but internationally) so I’m really interested in how this works for other people especially because I do not look like my parents.

Thanks!