So after so many great comments about learning more about my adoption and my complete willingness to share my story I’ve decided that I will take one day a week in the month of April to talk about my adoption. I’m going to call it Adoption April, and if you don’t care about learning more about adoption or hearing my story and how I was adopted then you can just skip right over these posts! It will take place every Monday in April and I will also be adding in anything else that I wanted to cover in my normal posts as well. This is what I wanted to talk about:
1. Why I was adopted – this is when I will talk about why I was put up for adoption and how the process worked for my parents at the time.
2. Growing up adopted – this is when I will discuss how I felt growing up adopted and how my parents handled me being adopted and any questions I may have had and may still have regarding my adoption
3. My thoughts on adoption – this is where I will talk about how I think adoption shaped me as a person and how I think many people can benefit from adoption. I will also voice what I think about secrecy and how some people have reacted to me being adopted.
4. All about my Birth Parents – this is when I will talk about the few things I know about my birth parents, including if I want to meet them or not, why I do or don’t and what I feel about them.
5. Q&A on Adoption – this is where any of you can ask any question you want about adoption. I have always been open to discussing anything that anyone wants to know and I would love to raise adoption awareness by allowing anyone to ask anything! Seriously if you guys have any questions feel free to email (email@example.com) me and I will address them on this day, or if you just want me to write you back personally let me know.
Can’t wait to share more of my story with you guys.