25 things list

Because I am not particularly fond of people creeping on my facebook and I have a few ‘friends’ on there that I’d rather not let into every aspect of my life, I thought it would be interesting to do my “25 Random Things” about me list obviously on my blog so the WORLD can see.

Sometimes I don’t even make sense to myself.

1. I collect quarters like it’s my job. I even save up my non-quarter change to exchange it for quarters in order to get more quarters. I love quarters so much because they help me do my laundry and it is expensive. So if you find any quarters… I have a special jar for them in my closet. I get so excited when I find one. It’s literally like finding twenty dollars for me.

2. I don’t eat lettuce. At all. This seems to blow every one’s mind. No salad, no lettuce on my burger. None of it. My dad continues to say that I won’t be a true lady until I eat lettuce. Well dad, I’m never going to be a lady then.

3. I love watching sports except for basketball, and I’m a Laker Hater. I hate all the followers, the ones who watch the game and then put it all over their facebook and I hate the jerseys. I also hate the colors purple and yellow, it reminds me of butterflies! But I love me some Anaheim Angels.

4. I could never give up meat. EVER. I love meat and especially chicken. Sometimes I think it would be fun to try but then I get a burger for lunch.

5. I have the worst memory ever. I can’t remember much of elementary, middle, or high school, and I remember only some prominent parts of college, which it wasn’t even a year ago that I graduated.

6. I used to think I wanted to be married at 21. I’m so glad that I’ve learned so much and now I laugh about the idea of getting married anytime soon. A huge majority of people my age that I know are married, and they got married a year or two ago. I think that’s what happens when you go to a super small high school and college.

7. I absolutely love taking pictures. I love the memories and moments that each picture captures. It also helps me remember what I’ve done in my life when my memory fails me.

8. I got hit by a drunk driver my junior year of college in my cousins car. Jorge Avalos had a beer in his cup holder and blew a point .18 (legal limit in CA is .08) and denied being drunk. Right buddy. I thankfully only hurt my neck really bad but had to throw up all the time because my equilibrium was off so much, and I had seat belt burns and had to wear leggings as pants! Embarrassing. I only got a thousand dollars out of the deal. Shady!

9. I have a phobia of birds, especially crows. I hate them and I am deathly afraid of getting pecked to death. I get scared when I have to run by the huge pack of seagulls at the beach.

10. I have donated 23 inches of my hair to Locks of Love. Twelve inches one time and eleven the other time. I want to do it again, and again, and again. It’s such a great cause, and it’s nerve racking and scary but exhilarating to cut off that much hair at a time.

11. I google everything. People. Places. Things to do. Running Routes. Everything. I can’t stop myself.

12. I get incredibly extreme anxiety when I watch anything scary. I literally freak out and cannot watch anymore of the movie. My heart beats super fast and I cannot breathe.

13. I played soccer for four years and I loved it. I was incredibly horrible but I loved it.

14. I love my brothers girlfriend. She is hilarious and brings out the best in him, even though he calls me by her name, and gets us confused, and cannot tell us apart from the back. Just last night I saw her facebook status, ” I got street cred baby,” – The infamous Taylor. I can’t believe that she can deal with him! She is amazing!

15. I think about teaching English in high school. It’s a thought, but I love my advertising position so much!

16. I am the biggest sap ever to walk the face of the earth. I cry over everything. Commercials, books, movies, songs, anything. Sadly, I used to never cry and then college came and I became a freak crier.

17. My iPhone is an extended version of my hand. I thought my iPhone was going to die the other day and I almost started crying and immediately looked up all the nearest Apple Stores. Alas, I googled the issue and then found a way to fix it myself.

18. I find myself constantly seeking for ways to make an impact on others with my life.

19. I find that if I don’t do my devotions regularly, I get very pessimistic and obnoxious. Thanks God for reminding me that I do need you!

20. At least twice a week at work while I’m drinking water from my nalogen bottle, I spill a whole bunch of water down the front of my shirt. I guess I can’t look at my computer screen and drink water at the same time.

21. I love receiving mail and packages more than anything in the world. I just realized I can send myself my packages of things I buy online to myself at work, so then I get the joy of actually getting the package, instead of it being left on my doorstep at home. I love it when the delivery man comes!

22. Happy Meals from Mc Donalds are the perfect size of everything. Perfect amount of burger or chicken nuggets. Perfect amount of fries. Perfect drink size. And who doesn’t love a cool toy. It even works for breakfast with the Egg Mc Muffin Happy Meal!

23. My favorite verse in the bible is Acts 20:24. It’s pretty amazing and it’s even about completing our life like a race. I love it.

24. Up until October I have always slept in a twin bed then I got a queen bed for my birthday. I am working on (I would even call it training) myself to sleep in the middle of the bed. When I wake up in my queen I would find myself waking up on one side and the other side of my bed totally not even being used. FAIL.

25. I am amazing at parallel parking when I have to back up on my right side. This is perfect because I live in a place where parallel parking is super key to finding a parking spot. The left side though, I can barely do it, and it takes me many more tries than the right side.

Tonight I’m going to the gym. I finally am regaining movement in my legs from the trail run of death so I can walk up and down stairs and not have to perform some super death grip on the stairwell. Good progress. Glad you all enjoyed the Yolanda story. I was blown away, believe me. This weekend I am hoping to get in as many miles as I can, but it will be busy! I am still doing my 200 sit ups and I have added 20 push ups to my routine. Not fun but worth it!

Hopefully tomorrow I can share part of my exciting news and then sometime next week I can share the rest of it. Just praying about the decisions I’m making. :)

Also I totally forgot to mention what I thought of last nights Biggest Loser. Seriously, Ron it’s YOUR TIME TO GO HOME. I can’t believe they sent the strongest member of the team home. So stupid. Ron is a schemer and I don’t like him. I also don’t like how the Blue team went crazy on Jillian and then ran to Bob and LIED to him. Sorry you didn’t get a workout Filipe, but guess what, not everyone has personal trainers like that. I was sad that the black team won the weigh in even after the many stunts they pulled. Smoking? Drinking? GET REAL. This is what got you where you are today. I was ashamed to watch that, and to watch Bob open arms the blue team and never even see him and Jillian talk about what happened. Okay, rant over.

74 Responses to 25 things list

1. the gazelle says:

I grew up in a really small town, too, and it was kind of expected that you'll be married by the time you finish college (or immediately after). That's why I moved to Los Angeles, WAAAAY fewer matrimonial expectations (my grandmother called me on my 21st bday & told me that I was officially an old maid). I'm glad I waited :)

The lettuce thing is a bit weird, but we all have our quirks! :)

2. Amber says:

First off, you’ve inspired me with the situps! I’m only doing 100 a night right now, but I’m working up to 200.

When I did my 25 things list I also put that I could NEVER be a vegetarian. I LOVE meat wayy too much.

Finally, I can’t believe you don’t eat lettuce or salads or anything! How do you get your veggie intake?? I don’t LOVE salads, but it’s the only way I know how to get the full amount of veggies everyday!

3. Runner Leana says:

Love your list! I am the same way with scary movies. Cannot watch them for sure! And even though I’ve slept in a double or queen bed for years, I still have a “side of the bed” and rarely spread out or sleep in the centre.

4. Mojito Maven says:

i can’t believe you don’t eat lettuce BUT I don’t eat beans (of any kind) so I understand!!

5. X-Country2 says:

I’ve thought about doing the 25 things list, but there’s no way my list would be as interesting as your list. :o)

You seem to have a great handle on things that make you happy.

6. http://gokristen.wordpress.com says:

I have the same problem with scary movies, I had to read the synopsis on IMDB for I Am Legend so that I knew what was coming…otherwise…I would have been complete mess!

So, you aren’t alone…

7. Lacey Nicole says:

this is a great list!!!!!! i feel like i really got to know you:) ehhh lettuce is overrated and i google everything too!! you gotta get google-chrome browser, you just start typing into the navigator bar and it searches for you automatically!!!

i didn’t know you were religious. i sort of miss that part of growing up. i don’t attend church anymore or really think about prayer-religion, but i feel like it might help me be more optimistic-hopeful-complete if i did. hearing people talk about it like you and bobbi makes me happy, too.

biggest loser…!!! couldn’t believe about filipe going to bob,… i mean… i think he overreacted for sure!! we’ll see what happens.

8. ConcreteDiva says:

I definitely need to catch up on last night’s BL- sounds like I missed a good one! Glad your t-rex arms are buffin’ up :) You’re going to have the best looking abs in Kaua’i next month!

9. Tasha says:

Great list! Love that verse in Acts too! I also hate scary movies and I’m a total wuss when I even see a preview. I’m soooo with you on the biggest loser too! Ron needs to go! I couldn’t believe when they sent Dane home and kept Ron. I felt bad for Jillian (even though she’s super scary) when Filippe went crazy on her last night.

10. Jamie says:

So funny… we have so much in common. Oh and I totally know what you mean. I don’t post that I have a blog on myspace or facebook! LOL people are nosey. It’s ok when its certain people OR people you don’t know. Scary thing is that when you said that… it made TOTAL sense to me! LOL

11. An Athlete In Training says:

Glad I’m not alone on the lettuce thing!

12. Niki says:

Great list!! I could never EVER give up meat either! Although I don’t eat meat that much I do really enjoy it! I can’t believe you don’t eat lettuce! That is too funny! But I guess our quirks are what makes us unique!

13. Alisa says:

Poor lettuce…oh well…more for me!

I really enjoyed this post…I’m about to hit 100 posts and when I do I think I’m going to copy this and do something similar.

We should trade DD stories…I was hit with my mom and stepdad senior year of HS…car was totaled and I had a couple of bruises but we were all ok. The driver ran into a tree and fled the scene…I think he is now in jail or has been deported back to Mexico.

I think about teaching all the time too. Most of my family members are teachers from elementary school through college profs. maybe someday.

I so wish we lived closer, we are like two peas in a pod on some things.

14. Brandi says:

Love the list! I can relate on a lot of things!! As far as BL, yes Ron needs to go! He is the weakest link! I love my purple team girls but come on, they can’t always side with him forever! They hate to lose, well they are going to continue to the way they are voting. As far as Felipe, yeah he shouldn’t have done that nor should Sione followed him. They are grown men, deal with it! I think the drama is finally starting to unfold… and I thought this was going to be a low key season..

15. aron says:

I’ve been meaning to do this on my blog for a while now! Maybe I will get on it this week :)

ok we’ve been the same person on a lot of things in the past but our food is COMPLETELY opposite :) lol… I don’t eat meat anymore and I eat salad everyday. A few other notes…

I hate pigeons, they would chase us when I worked in SF and they were so scary!

I google EVERYTHING too :) every single thing.

My iPhone is ALWAYS in my hand now too, its kind of sad actually. I have become one of those people who is always checking emails, etc, but I can’t stop.

Getting the mail is my favorite part of the day :) if there is a box its SOOO much better!

16. onelittletrigirl says:

Omg- we are a lot alike! I also grew up in a ridculously small town, I google EVERYTHING, I am in school to be a HS Enlgish teacher and I finally gave up my twin bed when I got my first place two years ago!

I have to ask though- no lettuce?!?! No salad!!!

I did a 25 things on my Facebook; perhaps I will re-post here or maybe do another one!

17. onelittletrigirl says:

And of course, I spelled English wrong!

18. maria k says:

there are egg mcmuffin happy meals? oh wow.

19. aNd! says:

This season of the Biggest Loser has been the most annoying season! I am kind of glad that Mandi went home, if she would have let her sister go home that would have been so selfish. I agree with you about how lame it was that Bob had open arms and how disappointing it was that the black team basically showed that they will fail when faced with real life. On another note, I live in Mesa and totally saw Philipe the other day. I have to say he is looking pretty thin right now…..even if he is a baby and had to figure out how to put himself through a workout!

20. Stuart says:

Good stuff, some real treasures there for sure.

It’s always nice to see what’s under the covers!

21. Marlene says:

Great list. What a fun way to get to know you better. :)

OMG, I was so furious when they were out drinking and eating their faces off. And then Seone (of Philipe? can’t remember) blamed his small loss on his trainer!?? WTF!

22. La vie est belle! says:

Okay I’m inspired to do more sit ups!

23. Billy Burger says:

I seriously deliberated on disowning you for #3…like SERIOUSLY.

How dare you talk negatively about the purple and gold. Luckily for you, my heart grew heavy when I read #8. I’ll forgive you. That’s a crappy thing to have happened. Glad you’re still with us.

Wanna do a 50K up in San Jose with me? ;)

It’s a net downhill!

Still don’t get the lettuce thing. Oh well.

24. The Happy Runner says:

Nice list!
    I’ve donated my hair to Locks of Love, too!

25. Run Saraah says:

my iPhone is an extension of my hand too…I am constantly checking it, it’s ridiculous! I feel your sentiments with the Biggest Loser. I was so mad the Black team won with what they pulled – ugh!!

26. The Reality of Happily Ever After says:

I love your 25 things!! We would TOTALLY be friends if we lived near each other {funny, seeing we live the furthest distance apart possible in the US…lol} —

I LOVE meat, photography, affecting others with my life… too many things to go through!

Thanks for leaving the best comments on my blog! :)

27. Meredith says:

I also am scared of birds, yet they totally dig me. As a small child I was chased by a pelican which I swore could swallow me whole. Then when I was in “Young Scientist” (sshhh, don’t tell anybody!), I had an owl land right beside me. The other day I ran in the road instead of the sidewalk because I was afraid the geese would hiss at me. I’m such a girl.

28. Angry Julie Monday says:

Love the post.

I always like to learn new “random” things about people.

Damn Happy Meals. As soon as I read your post, I was caving McD’s. Luckily, I live about a block away from one.

29. Denise says:

Yea, # 20…that happened to me while I was reading this post.

Great list, thanks for sharing!!

30. Lisa says:

I recently discovered your blog and I love it. Just had to comment on your memory comment in your list. Ha, I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who has very little memory of grammer and middle school. I recently connected to people from those days on Facebook and they have been talking about things I have absolutely no recollection of. I was a little nervous I was getting a case of alzheimers.

31. joyRuN says:

Funny about Facebook! I totally reveal more about myself to the blogosphere than on FB too.

I’m jealous of your parallel parking skills. I can’t parallel park to save my life!

32. BLC :o says:

Ohh, this was soo much fun to read. Thanks for sharing. And, I am so with you on #10 (only 10 in. for me, but again and again sounds good), #18 (keep up the good work!), and #19 (soooo true). Xoxo-BLC

33. P.O.M. says:

I love your 25 things.

34. Julie says:

Oh I was so pissed at BL last night! Gah! I about had a stroke watching it. Good thing SVU came on in the nick of time and saved me. ;)

And I could have punched Bob in the throat for letting Sione and Fillipe rejoin his group for the last work out. Grow some balls, man! Tell them to go back to their trainer and grow some balls themselves!

35. Sarah says:

I google everything too if I need a number or an address or hours of a store anything

36. DoubleDigits says:

Okay, I am so happy I am not alone about RON! I cannot believe he has the nerve to say who should go home and when – plus I’m so disappointed in Cathy and Kristin for sending home a competitor – they will not win a challenge with Ron!!! Argh. All right, my rant is over, too.

37. RunWithMe says:

Totally agree about the biggest loser. Why did they tell Bob that they told Jillian that wouldn’t train with her? Anyway –

I am checking out the verse from Acts in the Bible. Thanks for sharing your 25. Mine are on FB, but maybe i will post on my blog.

38. Mrs. Potts says:

I went back & read about Yolanda – she is amazing! I'm glad you found someone to keep you company while you were on the trail.

I always cry at commercials. The one that gets me is the Folgers commercial from Christmas where Michael surprises his family. I tear up just thinking about it!

39. Tom Ritchie says:

I enjoyed reading your 25 things. It sounds like you really enjoy your life. I have learned that the simple things are the most important. I want to live my life to the fullest! Live for the day and experience things now. You still need to plan for the future and save money, etc… But I would rather experience things now, not when I’m 65. I believe with all the people that follow your blog, that you do have an impact on other people lives. In a positive way:) Keep it up!

40. Oz Runner says:

great list…how can you not eat lettuce? I hate parallel parking…my wife is great at it though….

On the Biggest Loser, I don’t know….I really didn’t like the way Jillian came down so hard on the black team…yes they screwed up, and I think they knew it, I thought she was mean in how she addressed them…she could have handled it differently…I didn’t blame the cousins for walking out on her…sad to see Mandy go though..

41. RunToFinish says:

The blue team was a little nutzo last night..seriously.

Love the list! My hubs is wayyy scared of birds which I usually find amusing..it’s true I do.

42. audgepodge says:

My friend did the same thing as you – she didn’t want FB friends to see her list so she posted it on her blog instead ;)

I am also scared of birds b/c I’ve been pooped on at least 3x plus I’ve seen Hitchcock’s “The Birds”

I have a queen and always sleep on one side of the bed. Every now and then I flip and/or rotate the mattress so it doesn’t get too lopsided.

Finally, I totally agree on Happy Meals! They really are the perfect size. I accumulated too many toys though that now I just tell them not to include it.

43. Katie says:

I’m there with you on #4 and #5. Oh, and Ron soooo needs to go! Like the guy, but he’s hurting his team at this point. He should have gone the week Dane was voted off!

44. aNd! says:

Yeah, Philipe was looking pretty good when I saw him if he is not in the finale then he will definately be a contender for the sent home prize.

45. Marathon Maritza says:

Awww what a great list!! I cry over everything too…let’s bawl together in San Diego! :)

46. N.D. says:

very cute. you would be a fantastic teacher!!! summer off!! I do the water thing always spilling it all over me. Hilarious.

47. Amanda says:

I love these! I too can only parallel park from one direction. And SCARY about the drunk driver, I’m glad you’re ok!

48. lindsay says:

i love your list of 25 randoms. :)

ugh i watched bl last night too, first time remembering to turn on the tv so far this season. i can’t believe what the black team did – 16,000 cals!!! they do need to have more self-control but i thought jillian’s rant was a little much.

49. Shoshanah says:

I used to think I would get married at 18, because that’s the age you become a “grown-up.” So glad I didn’t do that one.

And if I was a blue team member I would have been so made that Bob worked the two of them out. To think if he hadn’t and said you have to work out w/ your trainer the blue team easily could have won.

50. Allie says:

Thanks! I love that shirt too. Guess where it is from….TARGET!

I also am not a fan of scary movies and feel the exact same way you do about them…no thank you!