25 things list

Because I am not particularly fond of people creeping on my facebook and I have a few ‘friends’ on there that I’d rather not let into every aspect of my life, I thought it would be interesting to do my “25 Random Things” about me list obviously on my blog so the WORLD can see.

Sometimes I don’t even make sense to myself.

1. I collect quarters like it’s my job. I even save up my non-quarter change to exchange it for quarters in order to get more quarters. I love quarters so much because they help me do my laundry and it is expensive. So if you find any quarters… I have a special jar for them in my closet. I get so excited when I find one. It’s literally like finding twenty dollars for me.

2. I don’t eat lettuce. At all. This seems to blow every one’s mind. No salad, no lettuce on my burger. None of it. My dad continues to say that I won’t be a true lady until I eat lettuce. Well dad, I’m never going to be a lady then.

3. I love watching sports except for basketball, and I’m a Laker Hater. I hate all the followers, the ones who watch the game and then put it all over their facebook and I hate the jerseys. I also hate the colors purple and yellow, it reminds me of butterflies! But I love me some Anaheim Angels.

4. I could never give up meat. EVER. I love meat and especially chicken. Sometimes I think it would be fun to try but then I get a burger for lunch.

5. I have the worst memory ever. I can’t remember much of elementary, middle, or high school, and I remember only some prominent parts of college, which it wasn’t even a year ago that I graduated.

6. I used to think I wanted to be married at 21. I’m so glad that I’ve learned so much and now I laugh about the idea of getting married anytime soon. A huge majority of people my age that I know are married, and they got married a year or two ago. I think that’s what happens when you go to a super small high school and college.

7. I absolutely love taking pictures. I love the memories and moments that each picture captures. It also helps me remember what I’ve done in my life when my memory fails me.

8. I got hit by a drunk driver my junior year of college in my cousins car. Jorge Avalos had a beer in his cup holder and blew a point .18 (legal limit in CA is .08) and denied being drunk. Right buddy. I thankfully only hurt my neck really bad but had to throw up all the time because my equilibrium was off so much, and I had seat belt burns and had to wear leggings as pants! Embarrassing. I only got a thousand dollars out of the deal. Shady!

9. I have a phobia of birds, especially crows. I hate them and I am deathly afraid of getting pecked to death. I get scared when I have to run by the huge pack of seagulls at the beach.

10. I have donated 23 inches of my hair to Locks of Love. Twelve inches one time and eleven the other time. I want to do it again, and again, and again. It’s such a great cause, and it’s nerve racking and scary but exhilarating to cut off that much hair at a time.

11. I google everything. People. Places. Things to do. Running Routes. Everything. I can’t stop myself.

12. I get incredibly extreme anxiety when I watch anything scary. I literally freak out and cannot watch anymore of the movie. My heart beats super fast and I cannot breathe.

13. I played soccer for four years and I loved it. I was incredibly horrible but I loved it.

14. I love my brothers girlfriend. She is hilarious and brings out the best in him, even though he calls me by her name, and gets us confused, and cannot tell us apart from the back. Just last night I saw her facebook status, ” I got street cred baby,” – The infamous Taylor. I can’t believe that she can deal with him! She is amazing!

15. I think about teaching English in high school. It’s a thought, but I love my advertising position so much!

16. I am the biggest sap ever to walk the face of the earth. I cry over everything. Commercials, books, movies, songs, anything. Sadly, I used to never cry and then college came and I became a freak crier.

17. My iPhone is an extended version of my hand. I thought my iPhone was going to die the other day and I almost started crying and immediately looked up all the nearest Apple Stores. Alas, I googled the issue and then found a way to fix it myself.

18. I find myself constantly seeking for ways to make an impact on others with my life.

19. I find that if I don’t do my devotions regularly, I get very pessimistic and obnoxious. Thanks God for reminding me that I do need you!

20. At least twice a week at work while I’m drinking water from my nalogen bottle, I spill a whole bunch of water down the front of my shirt. I guess I can’t look at my computer screen and drink water at the same time.

21. I love receiving mail and packages more than anything in the world. I just realized I can send myself my packages of things I buy online to myself at work, so then I get the joy of actually getting the package, instead of it being left on my doorstep at home. I love it when the delivery man comes!

22. Happy Meals from Mc Donalds are the perfect size of everything. Perfect amount of burger or chicken nuggets. Perfect amount of fries. Perfect drink size. And who doesn’t love a cool toy. It even works for breakfast with the Egg Mc Muffin Happy Meal!

23. My favorite verse in the bible is Acts 20:24. It’s pretty amazing and it’s even about completing our life like a race. I love it.

24. Up until October I have always slept in a twin bed then I got a queen bed for my birthday. I am working on (I would even call it training) myself to sleep in the middle of the bed. When I wake up in my queen I would find myself waking up on one side and the other side of my bed totally not even being used. FAIL.

25. I am amazing at parallel parking when I have to back up on my right side. This is perfect because I live in a place where parallel parking is super key to finding a parking spot. The left side though, I can barely do it, and it takes me many more tries than the right side.

Tonight I’m going to the gym. I finally am regaining movement in my legs from the trail run of death so I can walk up and down stairs and not have to perform some super death grip on the stairwell. Good progress. Glad you all enjoyed the Yolanda story. I was blown away, believe me. This weekend I am hoping to get in as many miles as I can, but it will be busy! I am still doing my 200 sit ups and I have added 20 push ups to my routine. Not fun but worth it!

Hopefully tomorrow I can share part of my exciting news and then sometime next week I can share the rest of it. Just praying about the decisions I’m making. :)

Also I totally forgot to mention what I thought of last nights Biggest Loser. Seriously, Ron it’s YOUR TIME TO GO HOME. I can’t believe they sent the strongest member of the team home. So stupid. Ron is a schemer and I don’t like him. I also don’t like how the Blue team went crazy on Jillian and then ran to Bob and LIED to him. Sorry you didn’t get a workout Filipe, but guess what, not everyone has personal trainers like that. I was sad that the black team won the weigh in even after the many stunts they pulled. Smoking? Drinking? GET REAL. This is what got you where you are today. I was ashamed to watch that, and to watch Bob open arms the blue team and never even see him and Jillian talk about what happened. Okay, rant over.

74 Responses to 25 things list

1. Running Around Acres says:

no lettuce, no salads. i love salads. thanks for giving the world a little insight into your world.

2. Sarah says:

I loved reading your facts. :) I can relate on crying easily and loving Happy Meals too. :)

3. unathleticrunner says:

OMG I have to comment on your married thing. I always thought I would be married by 21 and having babies at 23. THANK GOD, that plan didn’t happen. I didn’t even know my hubby at 21 and wasn’t married til 25. But your right, esp college. I went to a small liberal arts college that by senior year all the girls were doing was planning weddings….now don’t get me wrong good for them not for me :)

4. *~! megs !~* says:

I love your 25!

And I am with you on the birds. While walking one time, a bird flew into my hair and got stuck.

I. Almost. Died.

They scare me so bad. I don’t do seagulls, crows, pigeons, hummingbirds, anything. I work with animals but will leave the room if someone brings a bird in. And if I’m at the beach with you and you think you need to feed the seagulls, we will not be friends!! I love that someone else feels me on how horrible these creatures are!!

5. frugal runner says:

Love your list of 25 things! I have a queen bed and will only sleep on one side. I feel weird being in the middle with all that space around me!

6. Kristen says:

I totally agree with everything you said about the Biggest Loser, although, I have to say I am happy to see Mandi gone. Her constant crying bugged. But Ron needs to go and Bob should have made them go bad and work things out with Jillian.

Love your 25. About once a week after I fill my bottle up with water from the Alhambra thing I turn around and drop the whole thing on the ground.

7. Ms. V. says:

a. Jillian rocks, and Bob bought their line. Sione needs to grow a set and OWN HIS OWN WORKOUT and stop being a baby.

b. iPhone. What did I do before I had mine? Sometimes I panic if it’s not in it’s *right* place.

c. Psalms 121~~The Traveler’s Psalm reminds me of running, too.

d. Dodgers. But, I love Mike Scoscia, being a former Dodger.

e. I tell you what, you come and take my High School English job, and I’ll do yours.

Love your blog chic girl!!
    (PS-I gave up FB for the same reason…)

8. Kyla says:

I love your list, it’s so funny!!

9. Tania says:

I could have written this list! I love parallel parking! I don’t need it here but I’m keeping my skills sharp for when I move back to the city. I’ve donated to Locks of Love once. I want to do it again, but I keep cutting my hair when it gets on my nerves! As for having a queen sized bed all to yourself, I got used to that while my hubby was deployed. And now…I have to stay on my side of the bed. I miss sleeping in the middle!

10. Run For Life says:

Haha, I don’t want to post a 25 things on FB either. I liked your list and can relate to a bunch of them.

I TOTALLY agree with everything you said about BL. Bob’s team definitely deserved to win this week.

11. D10 says:

Fun post. Your list of random things is great! My husband doesn’t eat lettuce either!

12. Laura says:

Your list is hillarious! I think of being a vegetarian and could do it for a bit but steak = yum.
    Agree about Ron…liked him in the beginning but he is not right…

13. Meaghan says:

Thank you so much for the supportive comment yesterday, it was needed!

My best friends mother died of ovarian cancer a couple years before my diagnosis. She struggles with that loss daily! She has expressed the same frustration as you and I know that the loss of a mother is so much more difficult than a personal battle with cancer.

I sucks but like me I am sure your loss makes you stronger. Sometimes sadder, angrier but for the most….STRONGER!

Thank you!

-Meg

14. Megan says:

I came across your blog and I really love it!

15. Janice {Run Far} says:

How funny that you collect quarters… I also can not remember much form grade school, junior high or HS….. Oh well… myabe it just sucked…. I got married at 20 and oh man let me tell ya…. hard hard hard…. 11 years later we are still going strong.

16. The Laminator says:

Nice list, ChicRunner! I too love getting real mail and packages. With all the methods for virtual communication nowadays, it is so rare to get anything personal in the mailbox anymore.

17. Marcy says:

Ohhhh girl I can’t parallel park at all so you’re one step ahead of me HAHA

18. Mollie says:

#23 – GREAT verse. And I always sleep on one side of the bed too, no matter how big the bed is! :)

I cant believe how much we have in common! I love meat and could never give it up. I grew up in a small town too! McDonalds happy meals are the BEST. And McMuffin – egg is the BOMB!

I google everything too.. even if i dont know how to spell a word. It will always say “did you mean. . .” YES! Thats what i meant! Thank you google!

I can parallel park like a pro too! AND i dont even have to look in the window’s along the street. One time i whipped a u turn on a busy street in detroit, parallel parked along this huge snow bank and my friend had to climb out my side because she was trapped HOWEVER, it was the most amazing park job EVER!

20. Laurel says:

“You wont be a true lady until you eat lettuce…”
    LOL! I am cracking up at that one.

That sucks you got hit by a DD. I’m glad you ended up alright. How scary.

21. *One Step at a Time* says:

I don’t eat lettuce either!! I thought I was the only one! HAHA

22. Vandy-Montana says:

I love quarters too, but I don’t need them for anything. My parents have given me a mint set every christmas since I was born. They’re pretty cool. Got all the states, now working on the presidents…

23. Melanie says:

This was SO fun to read. I SO want to donate my hair to Locks of Love someday but it’s taken me so long to get my hair really long that I want to wait a while longer and enjoy the long hair. I also have a queen bed and never sleep anywhere but on the left side. I figure it’s practice for sharing the bed whenever I get married someday.

24. Bonnie says:

I had no idea that there was an Egg McMuffin Happy Meal! You just made my dya! :)