Aloha

Last night I had the great opportunity to meet up with Newlyweds Next Door for some DELICIOUS crepes and coffee at Le Creperie in Long beach. Yum, yum, yum and such a fun time to chat and meet up! It was really fun to talk about our blogs, our ‘virtual friends’ and be able to relate on so many computer literate levels and to understand the blogosphere. We did realize there aren’t many Orange County or even Los Angeles bloggers though, which is sad. :(

She is so incredibly sweet and cute, and I had such a great time. I can’t wait to hang out again, perhaps go on a walk, since she doens’t run :( ha ha, just kidding, I accept everyone, and she mentioned that her dad ran, so she is A+ in my book.

On another note, I’ll be doing eight miles tonight because I couldn’t get my lazy butt out of bed this morning. I cannot wait any longer for daylight savings. I hate running in the morning. It’s horrible and I love sleeping. I can run all night if I had to, but that’s not the safest idea and it’s hard to get in a solid run in the dark sometimes. I’m more sore today than I was yesterday, which is odd, but I’m sure I’ll be fine by my run tonight. Pop some aleeve! Oh by the way, today is free taco day at Jack in the Box. You know where I’ll be heading for lunch. Have a desire for free j-in-the-b tacos? Here’s the coupon

Also I have been trying to add comments to some of your blogs and the word verification is not allowing me. Now this is saddening me because some times you guys ask wonderful questions, like where I got my capris (walmart) … or how I like my fuel belt (though I feel like a poser, I love it)… or if I sweat when I run (no, which is bizarre) but I can’t answer! Someone fix this or turn off your word verifications! :)

I also have some exciting news.

Last night I bought a plane ticket to visit the wonderful island of KAUAI, HAWAII! They were just so cheap and everyone needs a vacation. So from April 10-16 I’ll be alohaing over there, getting in some gorgeous sun and running in a new area. I’m so excited. Mahhhhalo.

Be Sociable, Share!
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

49 Comments

• Reply Hi! I'm Erin

Oh man, I feel like very blogger I know is either going on a fabulous vacation in April or just got back from a fabulous vacation. Me? I’ve got my first-ever half marathon planned for April in the exciting city of Champaign, IL. Oh well. At least I’ll get some of mom’s home-cooking. And, you know, run 13.1 miles for the first time.

February 24, 2009 at 11:23 am
  • Reply Abbie

I had the same issue with someone’s blog yesterday!

May I ask who you purchased your ticket through? Honeymoon ideas!

February 24, 2009 at 11:24 am
  • Reply BeachRunner

Hawaii!!! That rocks.

And those blogger verfication boxes drive me nuts.

February 24, 2009 at 12:04 pm
  • Reply X-Country2

I will make it to Hawaii in the next 10 years. Take loads of pictures!

February 24, 2009 at 12:09 pm
  • Reply Mariana

Sorry my comment has nothing to do with this post……
    I love love looooooove you blog. I have recently picked up running and was hitting a wall when my boyfriend got me nike+ running shoes plus sensor. It was the best gift ever! Needless to say, it has helped me a ton in getting the much needed motivation. I heart nike+ and everything about it, the online challenges with people around the globe and the little me cartoon that shows up on my screensaver bragging about my last run.
    You should totally post your widget (little you bragging cartoon) on you blog´s sidebar!… or at least on an entry, I know I would love to see it.
    Cheers! and keep up the good work, girl!

February 24, 2009 at 12:19 pm
  • Reply Prepster

Hurray for Hawaii… I might be mistaken but I think there is a 10K in Hawaii in early April, perhaps you could squeeze in an exotic race while you’re there…

February 24, 2009 at 12:20 pm
  • Reply aron

i looooove hawaii… i want to be there now!!

so glad you like your fuel belt!! takes a little getting used to but its so nice to have everything when you need it :)

February 24, 2009 at 12:28 pm
  • Reply Runner Leana

Congrats on getting a deal on a trip! Boy I’d love to be somewhere warm right now…

February 24, 2009 at 12:54 pm
  • Reply Jamie

Thanks for the input. I normally figure I just didn’t run quite as far as I thought BUT the weird part was that normally the treamill says I didn’t go as far as the + but this time it said I had gone further. ??? Oh well!
    BTW I am SUPER jealous of HAWAII! I wanna come!

February 24, 2009 at 1:03 pm
  • Reply skinnyrunner.com

jealous. plain jealous. of your water bottle belt and your trip to hawaii.

February 24, 2009 at 1:45 pm
  • Reply Nicole

For some reason the word verification was doing that with some of the blogs i read too. Strange.

Thanks for the advice on the gu. Do you order it offline or get it in a running store? I’m super picky and gag easy… i need to make sure this is a good experience.

Have fun running tonight. I’m gonna try and squeeze in 5. Hawaii sounds amazing. Who are you going with? I leave for my cruise saturday and i can’t WAIT!

February 24, 2009 at 2:02 pm
  • Reply kelsey

Hey! I can’t remember if I posted on another post of yours, or if it was on the Runner’s lounge site, but it was great to hear you in the podcast! :D

You’re such an inspiration to new runners! :D

I’m running in my first, post c25k 5k on March 7th! I’m stoked! The fffk time will be hard for me to beat, but I think I can do it!

Can’t wait to hear more about HAWAII! :D

kelsey @ kelseytoney.com

February 24, 2009 at 2:06 pm
  • Reply Brandi

Soo jealous! I am jealous of you for two things! One you are going to Hawaii! That is one place I have yet to go! The other is you don’t sweat when you run? Are you serious? I sweat just thinking about running! Lucky you!

February 24, 2009 at 2:08 pm
  • Reply maria k

haha my blog no longer needs word verification! you seriously got those capris at walmart? i’m coveting them like crazy. i may have to take a little field trip.

February 24, 2009 at 2:08 pm
  • Reply Melanie

Hawaii?! Holy cow, I am SOOOOO jealous!

February 24, 2009 at 2:10 pm
  • Reply Alisa

Nice! If you need any advice on Hawaii I used to go every Xmas with family. I’ve been to all the islands and love them all.

I love running in the morning when I can get up =). My problem is for longer runs like 7+ I have to get up so damn early b/c I’m slow that it’s best to get to work early, head out a bit early and run at night.

You found something good at Wal-Mart, wow!

P.S. My word verification is GONE!!!!!!!!!

February 24, 2009 at 3:03 pm
  • Reply Marcy

Whooo Hoooo chica! Hawaii sounds fantastic!

Yeah I’ve been having the same probs with the word verification. What’s up with that?!

February 24, 2009 at 3:05 pm
  • Reply Random Musings Of My Life

Hawaii is BEAUTIFUL!! you will love it.. I was having problems with blogs yesterday too.. so strange…

I love that you run. I will have to come back and get caught up.. I used to run. I need to start again!

February 24, 2009 at 3:10 pm
  • Reply joyRuN

Oh, Hawaii! I’m green with envy. Greener than the lush foliage that’ll greet you in Kauai.

Enjoy the trip!!

February 24, 2009 at 3:33 pm
  • Reply kilax

Yay! Hawaii! How cool! :-)

I love running in the evening too. I am so excited that spring is coming. Of course, it’s a big colder here (Chicago) but I just want to RUN OUTSIDE!!!

February 24, 2009 at 4:08 pm
  • Reply Running Around Acres

Excellent on the spur of the moment vacation. I was born there (Honolulu) but have never been back and don’t remember it.

I bet there will be some beautiful sunrises and sunsets to run into.

February 24, 2009 at 4:12 pm
  • Reply Billy Burger

What am I…chopped liver?

Actually, don’t answer that.

Glad you guys enjoyed your crepes and such. Hope the pillow fight that followed was equally as enjoyable. ;)

February 24, 2009 at 4:45 pm
  • Reply Billy Burger

oh, I’m thinking of a trip to Hawaii in the (hopefully) not-too-distant future.

Let me know about Kauai!

February 24, 2009 at 4:50 pm
  • Reply ilovesteaks

You should go back in December to run the Honolulu marathon. I loved that race.

February 24, 2009 at 5:00 pm
  • Reply Newlywed Next Door

Yay blog friend! Good times for sure!

February 24, 2009 at 5:16 pm
  • Reply Run Mommy

I also hate the verification and may soon kill it on mine. Sometimes the picture doesn’t appear or I have to type 2 or 3 times! Hawaii….fantastic.

February 24, 2009 at 5:16 pm
  • Reply Denise

WHOA! Hawaii?? I’m so jealous. I need a vacation, a warm vacation, so badly!!

February 24, 2009 at 5:27 pm
  • Reply Mrs. D

Oh I am so jealous that you are going to Hawaii! I want to go back sooo bad! Where do you purchase your tickets from?

I had the same commenting problem the other day as well.

February 24, 2009 at 5:46 pm
  • Reply Marlene

I’ve been having the same problem with commenting on some blogs, only if they have the word verification in a new window. SOOO frustrating!!!

HAWAII!!! Awesome!

February 24, 2009 at 5:57 pm
  • Reply Good Gals Inc

Hey lady!! I think you are going to have the best time in Hawaii!!! I can’t wait to hear about it. I wish I was in LA when ya’ll met up, I’d so love to join! We’ll have to get the three of us together when I get back in town.

February 24, 2009 at 5:58 pm
  • Reply Meredith

Geesh! How do you get so many people to comment on your blog and to become your followers?

Anyway, my friend Jeff is an OC blogger, terrific guy, and fantastic runner. Here’s his blog: http://www.breakingthetape.com/blog/

Guess mine was the blog about the fuel belt with the word verification. I didn’t know there was an issue. Guess I’ll turn that off if I can figure it out.

Have a great time in Hawaii.

February 24, 2009 at 6:02 pm
  • Reply Lindsay

I am hoping to do the Honolulu Marathon in December this year! Are you going by yourself to Hawaii?

February 24, 2009 at 6:11 pm
  • Reply Sharneysrun

I’m with you- I HATE morning running!! I just feel like I have no energy and I’m just not performing at my best. It will be so nice when the days become longer for sure :-)

I’m so jealous that you are going to Hawaii!! I have never been there, but hope to get there one day soon. It just looks so beautiful! Have a great time :-)

Btw, you are so lucky you don’t sweat when you run- I wish I didn’t!

February 24, 2009 at 7:02 pm
  • Reply J

OOOh so lucky to go to Hawaii! I love running in new places! I just hope I can run next week when i go to Florida!!

February 24, 2009 at 7:11 pm
  • Reply RunToFinish

did someone say you don’t sweat when you run..dude i look like a faucet.

Hawaii is one of the few beaches we have not yet hit up…I think San Diego and Honduras this year…so maybe hawaii next year!!

February 24, 2009 at 7:35 pm
  • Reply Marathon Maritza

Hooray for blogger buddy meet-ups!

And seriously? You don’t sweat?

Hooray for Hawaii! I’m so jealous!

February 24, 2009 at 7:36 pm
  • Reply aNd!

Kauai is my favorite of the islands! You will have so much fun.

February 24, 2009 at 7:36 pm
  • Reply N.D.

Jealous about hawaii – we went on our honeymoon there and I want to go back!! hope the miles went by quickly for you – touche’ with daylight savings!!

February 24, 2009 at 8:01 pm
  • Reply Stuart

I noticed that there are a lot of bloggers from the east and mid west, there are few ultra runners up and down the west but only a few…weird huh!

February 24, 2009 at 9:02 pm
  • Reply Shoshanah

Le Creperie? Yum! I don’t think I’ve ever been. I’ll have to try it next time I’m home.

I’m so jealous you’re off to Hawaii! I’ve always wanted to go, but it’s never actually happened

February 24, 2009 at 9:03 pm
  • Reply Julianne

Omg, you’re going to Hawaii?? To Kauai no less?? I am officially jealous!!!!

February 24, 2009 at 9:42 pm
  • Reply Amber

Word verifications were annoying me today too!

That’s SOO exciting that you’re going to Hawaii, sounds like it will be a fabulous vacay for you!

I like running in the evening better too, I like finishing up my run right around dusk!

February 24, 2009 at 10:14 pm
  • Reply Hollie

I’ve always wanted to go to Hawaii. I cannot wait to see all of your pics!

word verif. was not working for me the other day either. so very frustrating!

February 25, 2009 at 4:14 am
  • Reply The Laminator

Hawaii is such a fun trip. Congrats! And i’m more desperate for daylight savings than you are here on the east coast.

February 25, 2009 at 5:41 am
  • Reply Carlee

I’d love to hear more about this cheap trip; I agree with the honeymoon ideas. Plus…well running in Hawaii (or anywhere warm and beachy sounds great)

February 25, 2009 at 9:40 am
  • Reply Amy

Wow! That is awesome! I’m already jealous.

February 25, 2009 at 12:56 pm
  • Reply The Happy Runner

Awesome! So jealous!

February 25, 2009 at 2:18 pm
  • Reply sara

i’m totally jealous. i’ve wanted to visit Hawaii since moving to California, i figured it would be easier/cheaper since i’m on the right coast now but i just haven’t gotten there yet. sounds like it will be a fabulous trip!

February 25, 2009 at 2:55 pm
  • Reply Mike

Love the blog. Have fun in Kauai. Hike the Na Pali coast as much as you can and watch out for the Rainbow People. They talk with their mouths closed and hike barefoot. Very cool.

February 25, 2009 at 8:37 pm