Those T-shirts are piling up

So the question of the day is how many race t-shirts do you have? I know back when I was running in high school I had a ton of different shirts from all my races. Sadly, I didn’t know about this cool gift back in those days or I would have loved to have something to show off all my accomplishments! This gift is great not only for runners but for anyone who has a ton of memorable shirts!

Photobucket

The picture isn’t so good but tilt your head and picture it on a bed. It’s called a Sport-Quilt, and the business evolved from a “gift” that was made for a husband that been admired by many of his running and tri-athlete friends. Not only is it great to look at, but it also frees up drawer space of shirts you don’t want to throw away. Each Sport-Quilt, when finished is a beautiful and colorful memento of your favorite races out of tee-shirts!

On the website, she has charts that show how many tee-shirts are needed for each quilt and the costs for each one. They start at $130 and go up to $360 for a deluxe king.
Click here for Order Form.

Though it may be a little late for Christmas, these do make a great gift, and you can even say you’ll have one made for your runner. Allow 3- 6 Weeks for a completed SPORT-QUILT. Check out the complete website at SportQuilts!

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend. I’ll be dawdling along the desert roads.

17 Responses to Those T-shirts are piling up

1. With Love from New Orleans says:

Amazing! Your dad looks super young. That tree is GINAORMOUS!

XO

2. Mojito Maven says:

look at you looking all cute decorating your tree!!!

3. Jenn says:

The tree looks great!

And what a cool way to recycle and actually use your race T-shirts!

4. The Running Knitter says:

I’ve always wanted to do a quilt with all my race t-shirts, but i think I want to learn how to quilt and do it myself. :)

5. Marlene says:

What a neat idea!

Cute pics too – love the shorts and uggs. :) Oh, to be wearing shorts in December!!! *sigh*

Have a great weekend!

6. X-Country2 says:

I love a sports quilt! My roommate in college had one, and I spent many hours procrastinating homework by admiring all her races.

7. Fabulously Broke says:

If you look bad on your running day, then I must be a total slob on my best day.

You look absolutely stunning!!!!!!!

And your dad.. I can see where you get the good genes from, and it’s kind of cute (but creepy at the same time, is that possible?) for people to mistake you two as a couple because he looks so young.

8. Denise says:

That’s a great reason to keep all the shirts we get for the races!!

9. LyndsAU says:

cute cute decorating pic :)

10. joyRuN says:

The monster tree cleans up nice!

I still wear my race shirts whenever I can. Dorky & sad statement about my lack of fashion wherewithal, I know.

"she made for my husband" – Are you keeping secrets from us?

11. Allie says:

What a gorgeous tree! Have a great weekend trotting in the desert!

12. Janice says:

pretty sue if someone thought my dad and I were a couple I would do more the cough… he is 68.

Love the shirt, I will have to run to my local Target which happens to be 20 min away. YAY for me…. Cute tree

13. N.D. says:

So I made one of those quilts this summer but I half assed it and never made a quilt before so it is zigzaggy and totally imperfect and I named it the MOFO quilt. I wrote about it in my blog in August (http://nannersbread.blogspot.com/2008/08/mofo-quilt.html) Um, your dad looks super young, sorry to say but could be your date!

14. Carolina Girl says:

Oh wow what an awesome idea!!! And your tree is gorgeous!!! :)

15. Megan and Chris says:

People think my dad and I are a couple when we are out and about too. SUPER gross! What does this say about us, Danica? I’d like to think of it more as a reflection of our fallen society rather than a statement about how old we look …

16. ECrunnergirl says:

That tree is gorgeous and so are you and your dad!! Girl you do NOT take a bad picture at all!! Have a wonderful weekend :-}

17. BeachRunner says:

Nice job on the tree. You make your Dad proud.