The Stick…

So lately I’ve been having lots of drama in my life and haven’t been keeping up with my running. I have no motivation to do anything really. It’s sad but true, but I also am hoping to get in a 7 to 8 miler this weekend, which will be a nice change of pace and get me right back on track for my 1/2 in February. Enough with that nonsense! Onto the gift of the day!

Today is such a pivotal gift and EVERY runner should own one, including myself, but alas, this is actually on my Christmas list as well. I have used one when I was running in high school and though painful, it works serious miracles.

Photobucket

Here’s a rundown of “The Stick”… The Marathon Stick was specifically designed for long distance runners, or any runner for that matter, that would like to get any of the following benefits:
Increased flexibility
Extended endurance
Accelerated recovery time
Reduced muscle soreness, stiffness & pain
Prepares your muscle for rigors of activity
Flushes muscle from rigors of activity.

It’s small enough to be taken everywhere, even on trips or running vacations.

You can get your very own “The Stick” here at TriSports.com for 29.99. Visit the official “The Stick” website HERE and choose your own stick.

You can even look super happy like him when using “The Stick”

Photobucket
Good luck to anyone racing this weekend! There arn’t many races left in the ’08 calendar year so make each race count. I am thinking about some running goals for 2009 and I’ll share those with you soon.
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

24 Comments

• Reply *aron*

LOVE the stick… definitely a good present for runners :)

December 19, 2008 at 10:56 am
  • Reply With Love from New Orleans

Aww I am here if you need a gchat… feel better!!! It is Friday!! We <3 you!!

XO

December 19, 2008 at 11:00 am
  • Reply The Happy Runner

The stick is THE BEST! I love it.

December 19, 2008 at 11:18 am
  • Reply Julianne

I got the Stick for my brother in law last year for Xmas (he runs ultras and does Ironmans) and he LOVED it. I think I need one for myself!

December 19, 2008 at 11:32 am
  • Reply Denise

Love the stick! Another great idea!

December 19, 2008 at 11:38 am
  • Reply joyRuN

I should get the stick for the portability. It’s not like I can jump on the foam roller at work or in the car.

Good luck with the drama. This time of year seems to heighten that :(

December 19, 2008 at 11:51 am
  • Reply Steve Stenzel

Yeah, I think I need to get a stick…

December 19, 2008 at 12:09 pm
  • Reply Kelly

I’m not sure what that is… but I don’t think I like it.

December 19, 2008 at 1:00 pm
  • Reply Pink Pearls &amp; Muddy Sneakers

I hope things start looking up soon :(

December 19, 2008 at 1:17 pm
  • Reply X-Country2

I still have no idea what the stick even does, but I should probably get once since everyone else has one.

December 19, 2008 at 2:10 pm
  • Reply Lacey Nicole

i have never tried this!!!! i think i might need it for my calves tho they are ROCKS and knots. i am going to look into it, thanks Danica!

good luck getting things in order and running when/as much as you want to.

December 19, 2008 at 2:18 pm
  • Reply P.O.M.

I’m hoping to get an 8 or 10er in this weekend. NOt sure if it will be Sat or Sun. Probaly tomorrow.

December 19, 2008 at 2:23 pm
  • Reply The Running Knitter

Good luck on your long run this weekend. The stick is on my wishlist too!

December 19, 2008 at 2:42 pm
  • Reply Burger

Danica – hope whatever you’re dealing with works itself out. Keep up with the running though – it’s a great stress reliever!

And it’s well-documented that I swear by The Stick. Every runner should get one!

December 19, 2008 at 3:05 pm
  • Reply Stuart

Not sure I could ever look THAT happy, maybe he fell asleep with a coathanger in his mouth?

But yes the stick is very good!

December 19, 2008 at 3:22 pm
  • Reply D10

I really enjoy the stick. It is a great gift.

December 19, 2008 at 5:15 pm
  • Reply chia

Funny story actually…

When I went to the almighty Mecca of running (a.k.a. “The Running Store”) the dude was like “ya, the stick works”

I’m like “I’m getting this pain in my arse when I run, do you think it will work that out?”

His response? “You might want to get a bigger stick if you’re using that on your butt”

I think that brotha called me fat.

Not quite sure.

But yep.

You’ll love it.

December 20, 2008 at 12:56 am
  • Reply N.D.

I got the stick last year for christmas. It is nice, but I like hand massages by the husband better!

December 20, 2008 at 7:20 am
  • Reply Laurel

The stick is awesome on the calves.

December 20, 2008 at 9:44 pm
  • Reply Adam

How does everyone actually use the stick? I’ve seen it at a lot of expos and it looks sort of gimicky.

December 21, 2008 at 9:07 am
  • Reply Tri-ing Fat Man

I LOVE the stick.

Combine the stick with trigger point and you will be in heaven!

Kick butt!

December 21, 2008 at 4:06 pm
  • Reply Bring it on.

I finally bought the stick last week at the Miami Marathon after seeing them at tons of expos. I really like it! i just wish i had a full time stick person so i didn’t have to do it!

January 31, 2009 at 2:48 am
  • Reply Free Auto Approve List 7-15-2018

I hope you all are having a great weekend. I added a new list. This one is smaller, but still useful. I think the next one will be bigger.

July 15, 2018 at 4:58 pm
  • Reply Unterkunft Waldenbuch

Schöne ruhige 1-Zimmer Wohnung / Küche / BAD / WC / SAT-TV / Internet / Waschmaschine Im Grünen gelegene, komfortable, am Ende einer Sackgasse, helle ruhige 1-Zimmerwohnung mit separatem, eigenem Eingang. Die Wohnung wurde im Mai 2018 komplett renoviert und Neu eingerichtet. Parkplatzmöglichkeiten gibt es auf der öffentlichen Straße und sind in der Regel immer vorhanden. Die Wohnung hat einen 40 Zoll Sat-TV, eine Waschmaschine, sowie Internet (Wlan) gegen eine kleine Gebühr. Ein Bügeleisen und Bügelbrett sind ebenfalls forhanden. In der Küche finden Sie neben einem Backofen mit Cerankochfeld, eine Geschirspülmaschine, einen Kühlschrank mit 4-Sterne Gefrierfach, eine Kaffeemaschine ,Wasserkocher sowie einen Toaster. Der Schoko- “laden“ Werksverkauf der Weltberühmten Marke Ritter Sport sowie das Ritter Museum und das Ritter Museums-Café erreichen sie nach ca. 450 Meter bzw. 6 Minuten zu Fuß. Für Naturliebhaber lädt der schöne Schönbuch-Wald direkt vor der Haustüre zu Spaziergängen oder Wanderungen ein. Waldenbuch liegt am Nördlichen Rand des Waldgebiets und gleichnamigen Naturparks Schönbuch ca. 17 km südlich von Stuttgart und hat ca. 8500 Einwohner. Nach Böblingen sind es ca.14 km, nach Tübingen ca. 19 km und zur Messe Stuttgart ca. 12 km. Idyllisch im Tal gelegen strahlt Waldenbuch heute mit seinen Fachwerkhäusern, Brunnen und Staffeln im historischen Altstadtkern einen ganz besonderen Charme aus. Sowohl die Stadtkirche St. Veit mit ihrem 36 Meter hohen Kirchturm als auch das wunderschöne Schloss begeistern die Gäste. 24h Check-In nach Absprache möglich Lebensmitteldiscounter wie Lidl, DM-Drogerie-Markt, Penny Markt und Getränkemarkt erreicht man zu Fuß in ca. 5 bis 20 Minuten. Durch die ruhige aber dennoch zentrale Lage der Wohnung ist man mit dem Auto in kurzer Zeit in Stuttgart, Tübingen, Esslingen, Böblingen der Outlet-Stadt Metzingen oder Sindelfingen.

July 21, 2018 at 5:12 pm