Just whistle whilst you work!

So sadly, it has crossed my mind that I might be attacked on a run. I already gave you the option of stun guns and pepper spray on this post, but I found this and couldn’t resist adding this to my list of 26.2 things to give to a runner.

Photobucket

It’s a Spalding Electronic Whistle. Single tone electronic whistle that has a loud, consistent sound every time, even if user is short of breath or injured. Personal Safety & Signaling Device and includes 2 sets of AAA Batteries. It’s also hand operated instead of mouth blown is sanitary, even for multi users. Get yours for $15.95 here.

Be safe out there!

6 Responses to Just whistle whilst you work!

1. Burger says:

In addition to running while ‘armed’ (mace, whistle, etc), might I suggest that you ladies be careful while running with iPods – especially while running at night or in remote areas?

A fellow runner just shared her story of being grabbed and pushed to the ground while running by some guy on a bike. She was ok and fortunately it never escalated beyond that, but it certainly could have been worse. She said she’ll never run with her iPod again.

Having a running partner is a good alternative too.

It sucks you girls have to worry about things like this, but unfortunately there are some real brazen creeps out there.

2. jlc says:

Omg I soooooo wish I had this in July. You need to read my post about being attacked by dogs and winding up in the ER. Hahahah. I’m hoping for a goodie bag full of sorts this christmas and this’ll def be on my list!

Thanks for sharing. :)

3. Denise says:

Sucks that we have to think like this, but we do. It’s probably something we should all carry.

4. Kelly says:

Gurr… things like this throw me into a rant about why it sucks to be a woman. Guys don’t ever have to worry about this crap!

5. The Running Knitter says:

Thanks for this. I never thought to bring one of these on a run, but it is a really good idea!

6. D10 says: