The Worst?

I had, as I’m calling it, the worst run of my entire life this weekend. It started out pretty bad, the first mile was just tiring and my joints hurt and my throat was already burning. (Tell tale signs of me getting sick, but still I had to run to get my miles in) After the first time these sore joints and stiffness usually just goes away, unfortunately for me, they never left. All twelve miles were done in a slow, awful manner where I wanted to die. I just wanted to keel over on the side of the beach path and pass out, drink my Purple Tiger Gatorade and never run again. Once I completed my run, though exhausted for the remainder of the day, I felt good that I had completed it, even during all the stomach cramping, shin splinting, knees aching and phlegm building up in the throat. So now, I’m definitely focusing on getting better and being able to run miles effortlessly again.

It’s only when you realize how hard running can be is when you appreciate the talent it takes, to even go out and have the determination and will to complete mile after mile. I appreciate my body being able to take mile after mile of my pounding sidewalk after sidewalk, and it’s when I can barely do that anymore I realize what a feat I continue to do by just running alone.

A great find I picked up this weekend (and have been wanting for a while) is the Conair Infinity Cord-Keeper Professional Ionic Styler.

Photobucket

First off, the pink color is super cute( it looks red, but it’s pink), and the hair dryer features tourmaline ceramic technology that smooths the cuticle layer to create shiny, silky hair. This 1875-watt dryer includes 3 heat and 2 speed settings, separate diffuser and concentrator attachments. Yet my selling point on the dryer was the fact that it has a retractable cord, which is great because when I’m on the go, either in the morning, or from the gym, wrapping up that cord and trying to keep that cord, and the cord from my straightener separated is quite the task. It’s easy to use and I feel like dries my thick hair in no time. They can be found at http://www.ulta.com/, but I got mine at Wal-Mart for 29.99. I love it because it’s quick and easy and convenient. What more could you ask for?!

Anyways, more this week, so stay tuned for more fashion deals and steals, running tips and random stories.

PS. Look forward to something exciting happening at Chic Runner soon… what could it be?? :)

Be Sociable, Share!
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

18 Comments

• Reply BeachRunner

Hope you feel better soon.

September 15, 2008 at 12:12 pm
  • Reply Running Knitter

Take it easy and feel better soon.

September 15, 2008 at 12:20 pm
  • Reply Marcy

Great job on getting it done!! Awesome!

Oooooo I’ll have to look into that blowdryer. I am so in need of a new one. Mine stinks LOL

September 15, 2008 at 12:23 pm
  • Reply Jenn

I have such respect for you runners…the dedication is amazing.

And, I’m LOVIN the retractable cord. Mine is always in the way.

September 15, 2008 at 12:41 pm
  • Reply Julianne

It doesn’t matter how slowly you ran it! You ran 12 miles and you finished it. Great job on the run!!!

September 15, 2008 at 1:13 pm
  • Reply *aron*

great job pushing through and finishing!! hope you feel better soon!

September 15, 2008 at 1:18 pm
  • Reply joyRuN

Girl, you’re a stronger woman than I! Good job on toughing it out :)

September 15, 2008 at 1:55 pm
  • Reply chia

You’re a rockstar for toughing through it. Those days suck mate, hopefully there are many good runs to be had this week ;-).

September 15, 2008 at 2:12 pm
  • Reply P.O.M.

Sorry you had a crappy run. Bad runs really help you appreciate the good ones! Sometimes your body does need to rest. Especially if you are increasing your mileage like crazy – up your vitamin C, etc.

Get better soon!

September 15, 2008 at 4:26 pm
  • Reply ECrunnergirl

LOVE THE DRYER! I go through dryers like crazy and Im always looking for something that will dry up MY thick crazy locks in a hurry, cuz I straighten my hair too. And its PINK too?? I may be hitting the Walmart this week :)

Sorry to hear about the run and the funk. My partner had the same problem last week. I highly recommend some airborne if you feel a cold coming on….I caught a nasty one last spring before my marathon and gulped that stuff. I still got sick but it was not nearly as bad as it could have been considering all the running I was doing.

Good luck and I look forward to the fashion tips and random stories!

Get well wishes from the East Coast :)

September 15, 2008 at 5:32 pm
  • Reply Laurel

Sounds like we had a similar run this past weekend. LOL!

Sweet hairdryer! i need a new one.

September 15, 2008 at 5:53 pm
  • Reply Julianne

so i’m dying to find out what the “exciting happening” is!!!

also, here’s the recipe link to the icebox cake!

September 16, 2008 at 9:10 am
  • Reply Tricia

You can also get the shiny silky hair by rinsing your shampoo and conditioner in the coldest water you can stand.

Think of it as a way to help you wake up?

September 16, 2008 at 3:46 pm
  • Reply J

“I had to run to get my miles in” words that say you are a true runner!! : )

Hope you don’t get sick – take lots of Vitamin C!

September 16, 2008 at 3:51 pm
  • Reply N.D.

Whoa.. sometimes you have to just take it in stride and realize you need rest instead of pushing through it feeling like crap! If you aren’t feeling well, go rest! I like the hair dryer! thanks for stopping by my blog!

September 16, 2008 at 4:51 pm
  • Reply MizFit

this flathaired stringyheadedwoman WISHES she needed a diffuser :)

Miz.

September 17, 2008 at 2:33 am
  • Reply The Happy Runner

Hmmm…OK, you ran 12 miles while feeling cruddy. I think I should be able to get in my scheduled 4! I was going to bag it today but I think I won’t — you’ve inspired me to run on.

Hope you are feeling better!

September 17, 2008 at 1:03 pm
  • Reply Lily on the Road

Wow, good for you to run 12 miles feeling that badly, hope you’re feeling better soon!!

September 18, 2008 at 6:26 am