Are those freckles?

The other day I set out to run my allottedfive and a half miles, got about halfway done when my Nike+ passed away, bummer, I know. RIP, but alas, I moved on since I knew the route and how far I had left.

It was dusk and the run was amazing. I felt good, pushed the last two miles pretty hard and when I got home I grabbed my normal glass of crushed ice and water and thought about taking a shower.
I got involved in watching “The Dog Whisperer,” (I know, I’m embarrassed to even admit that) but it was a good episode! So then about twenty minutes later I trudged upstairs and looked at myself in the mirror. There were little black dots all over my face. At least 17. I thought, “When did I run through mud? What are these dots?”
A closer look showed that my face had become a GNAT GRAVEYARD.
They dotted my face and had gotten stuck in my sweat. Talk about taking a shower.
Other than that I purchased a new Nike+ and it works great! I also tried the a new powerbar gu flavor, Chocolate. That was disgusting, so I wouldn’t recommend it.
Photobucket

6 Responses to Are those freckles?

1. Running Knitter says:

GNATS! Yuck!

2. chia says:

My personal fav is when the gnats stick on my face and neck then gradually follow the river of sweat to collect in the fertile mesopotamia that is my “cleavage.”

Dude, a river runs through it.

I completely agree on the chocolate… no love!

3. Jenn says:

Gnats are the worst.

But, I do like watching Cesar Milan. lol. No embarrassment here. ;)

4. Marcy says:

Eeewwwwhhhh at least they didn’t go in your mouth . . .or so you didn’t notice LOL

5. joyRuN says:

YUCKO on the gnats & the gu! Blech. I wish mine were gnats – nope – really freckles from running outdoors.

6. Old School Runner says:

None of the gels that are “chocolate,” “mocha” or “vanilla” flavored ever taste like the real thing.